TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Window Tinting - GTA?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by realtycoon, Jun 28, 2018.

1. realtycoon

realtycoon Member

Any recommended places in the GTA for window tinting a Model 3? I've reached out to Evelyn but they are booked up through August.
    Looking for a quality job. What kind of prices are people seeing
    What is everyones opinion on getting the rear window done? I wasn't thinking of doing it but don't want the car to look odd with partial tinting either.
    Primary purpose is to reduce UV and brightness for the kids in the back seat

Thanks

2. AbsP

AbsP Member

I'm only getting the side windows done since the back window is tinted where it matters. Audio Heaven in Richmond Hill, $250 for XPEL Prime Ceramic XR comes with a lifetime warranty.

I'm looking to get PPF done as well but Fabian isn't even accepting any more names for the waitlist. I'd go through Audio Heaven but they don't do any paint correction.

905 763 1686 - Main guy is Jeffry Try

3. Insilin

Insilin Member

Theres another thread here:

window tint

I compared the prices and quality of tint in this chart:
    [​IMG]

I went with Inception Auto Detailing based on price and quality of film. They've done a few Model 3s based off the phone call so should be good to go. They have a Tesla group buy at the moment when I called

4. Struja

Struja "Fanboy"

I think the reason people consider Evelyn is to get the Spectra Photosync, which is (as I understand it), untouchable in the realm of keeping heat out of the car. If that is important to you (as it is to me), I'd take an August appointment asap.

5. Nikkin

Nikkin Member

PureAuto in Mississauga is pretty great. I've had 4 cars done there including my 3. Ceramic 30% on all sides.

For rear window I didn't want to tint it because visibility is not that great even without any tint. I put a clear UV film on the back glass to cut the heat transfer. The film goes up till the factory window tint starts and lines up to one of the defroster lines on the window so its partially hidden, but still visible if you're looking for it. If I were to do it again I'd have gone all the way to the middle part of the roof where the rear sets lights are so you cant see anything.

Give Mark a call at PureAuto if you're interested. He's always dealt with me fairly.

6. TrevTremaine

TrevTremaine Member

Shhhh!!!!!! I'm trying to book the guy right now dammit!

• Funny x 1
  7. ilikebeef

ilikebeef Member

What's the price of the tint at Evelyn?

8. TrevTremaine

TrevTremaine Member

Not cheap, but that's due to the material. It'll also depend on which vehicle. PM me

9. TrevTremaine

TrevTremaine Member

Got my car back today from Fabian Evelyn and man, what a difference it makes to have the Photosync on. Yes, I can still feel a little bit of heat from the windshield (which has the least effective and clearest tint) but it's far less and the difference is truly notable. The a/c doesn't ramp up as hard and I'm not feeling the heat above my shoulders during midday sunshine. Pictures tomorrow if I get a chance.

• Like x 2
  10. Struja

Struja "Fanboy"

Awesome news!!! Getting closer to being convinced to do it?

Any issues with the windshield? What about if you are wearing polarized sun glasses?

11. TrevTremaine

TrevTremaine Member

No problems with polarized sunglasses. From the inside, it's clear to view outside (75 on the windshield and 45 on all the rest) - so I'm not concerned about night time driving. It's got an anti-glare effect, and you get some "rainbowing" depending upon the angle of the light. The tint appears a bit like a lightly dirty window, but nothing that I think is wrong. Try to get someone to show you in advance if you can so you can settle any issues in your mind - it's not a cheap product but in my books the heat rejection alone is worth the money.

• Like x 1