Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window Tinting - GTA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any recommended places in the GTA for window tinting a Model 3? I've reached out to Evelyn but they are booked up through August.
Looking for a quality job. What kind of prices are people seeing
What is everyones opinion on getting the rear window done? I wasn't thinking of doing it but don't want the car to look odd with partial tinting either.
Primary purpose is to reduce UV and brightness for the kids in the back seat

Thanks

I'm only getting the side windows done since the back window is tinted where it matters. Audio Heaven in Richmond Hill, $250 for XPEL Prime Ceramic XR comes with a lifetime warranty.

I'm looking to get PPF done as well but Fabian isn't even accepting any more names for the waitlist. I'd go through Audio Heaven but they don't do any paint correction.

905 763 1686 - Main guy is Jeffry Try

Theres another thread here:

window tint

I compared the prices and quality of tint in this chart:
9s6wb6.png

I went with Inception Auto Detailing based on price and quality of film. They've done a few Model 3s based off the phone call so should be good to go. They have a Tesla group buy at the moment when I called

Any recommended places in the GTA for window tinting a Model 3? I've reached out to Evelyn but they are booked up through August.
Looking for a quality job. What kind of prices are people seeing
What is everyones opinion on getting the rear window done? I wasn't thinking of doing it but don't want the car to look odd with partial tinting either.
Primary purpose is to reduce UV and brightness for the kids in the back seat

Thanks

I think the reason people consider Evelyn is to get the Spectra Photosync, which is (as I understand it), untouchable in the realm of keeping heat out of the car. If that is important to you (as it is to me), I'd take an August appointment asap.

Reactions: 03DSG
PureAuto in Mississauga is pretty great. I've had 4 cars done there including my 3. Ceramic 30% on all sides.

For rear window I didn't want to tint it because visibility is not that great even without any tint. I put a clear UV film on the back glass to cut the heat transfer. The film goes up till the factory window tint starts and lines up to one of the defroster lines on the window so its partially hidden, but still visible if you're looking for it. If I were to do it again I'd have gone all the way to the middle part of the roof where the rear sets lights are so you cant see anything.

Give Mark a call at PureAuto if you're interested. He's always dealt with me fairly.

Got my car back today from Fabian Evelyn and man, what a difference it makes to have the Photosync on. Yes, I can still feel a little bit of heat from the windshield (which has the least effective and clearest tint) but it's far less and the difference is truly notable. The a/c doesn't ramp up as hard and I'm not feeling the heat above my shoulders during midday sunshine. Pictures tomorrow if I get a chance.

Got my car back today from Fabian Evelyn and man, what a difference it makes to have the Photosync on. Yes, I can still feel a little bit of heat from the windshield (which has the least effective and clearest tint) but it's far less and the difference is truly notable. The a/c doesn't ramp up as hard and I'm not feeling the heat above my shoulders during midday sunshine. Pictures tomorrow if I get a chance.

Awesome news!!! Getting closer to being convinced to do it?

Any issues with the windshield? What about if you are wearing polarized sun glasses?

Awesome news!!! Getting closer to being convinced to do it?

Any issues with the windshield? What about if you are wearing polarized sun glasses?

No problems with polarized sunglasses. From the inside, it's clear to view outside (75 on the windshield and 45 on all the rest) - so I'm not concerned about night time driving. It's got an anti-glare effect, and you get some "rainbowing" depending upon the angle of the light. The tint appears a bit like a lightly dirty window, but nothing that I think is wrong. Try to get someone to show you in advance if you can so you can settle any issues in your mind - it's not a cheap product but in my books the heat rejection alone is worth the money.

Reactions: Struja

Do you have pictures of your tint install by Evelyn? Did you also tint your pano roof glass?

Theres another thread here:

window tint

I compared the prices and quality of tint in this chart:
9s6wb6.png

I went with Inception Auto Detailing based on price and quality of film. They've done a few Model 3s based off the phone call so should be good to go. They have a Tesla group buy at the moment when I called

I used Inception just a couple of weeks ago to get tint for front side windows and windshield. Taking the car in again on Tuesday to have them look at the windshield because there is a TON of fibrous debris under the film and a few places with damage on it (a couple of deep scratches and a few places with gouges/scuffs). There's a couple of obvious places you can see the debris under normal conditions, but when you are driving into the sunlight at just the right angle (which I do every morning and evening during my commute) it looks like someone tossed a handful of glitter across the whole windshield. I also got some paint correction done by them and to be honest not super happy with the results, they got rid of the tiniest bit of swirling in a few spots but tons of it still remains all over the car. I'm pretty sure that all that debris that is under the window film is a result of a chewed up pad on their polisher as all the same fibers were all down through the front doors of the vehicle, when putting down and up side windows the first few times after having it done the windows would come back up just covered in this slightly yellow fibreglass looking bits ...

I'm hoping they make this right for me, at the very least that front windshield film needs to be replaced and hopefully this time it won't capture all that fiberglass type stuff underneath it.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: 03DSG and Ludatik
I used Inception just a couple of weeks ago to get tint for front side windows and windshield. Taking the car in again on Tuesday to have them look at the windshield because there is a TON of fibrous debris under the film and a few places with damage on it (a couple of deep scratches and a few places with gouges/scuffs). There's a couple of obvious places you can see the debris under normal conditions, but when you are driving into the sunlight at just the right angle (which I do every morning and evening during my commute) it looks like someone tossed a handful of glitter across the whole windshield. I also got some paint correction done by them and to be honest not super happy with the results, they got rid of the tiniest bit of swirling in a few spots but tons of it still remains all over the car. I'm pretty sure that all that debris that is under the window film is a result of a chewed up pad on their polisher as all the same fibers were all down through the front doors of the vehicle, when putting down and up side windows the first few times after having it done the windows would come back up just covered in this slightly yellow fibreglass looking bits ...

I'm hoping they make this right for me, at the very least that front windshield film needs to be replaced and hopefully this time it won't capture all that fiberglass type stuff underneath it.

Yeah, sorry forgot to update with the after but I had quite a few bubbles and went back to fix a few of them but it definitely didn’t come out perfect. Have a few tiny pubbles on almost all the windows

• Informative
Reactions: Ludatik
Ok well to their credit I took my car into Inception yesterday for them to look at and they're going to replace the windshield tint. As best we can tell their cutting machine might have done something funky and scratched the film in a couple of places (the scratches were perfectly straight and in two places at the same height). They are also going to do another coat of the sealer as I was telling them that water was not beading up at all after they did the paint work. It will be a few weeks until this work is done but I will report back with updates to share with the community.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
So I was supposed to have the tint replaced this weekend but due to some sort of timing screw up (not sure if it was me or them) it didn't happen. Not sure who messed it up because I never got sent the appointment confirmation/calendar invite I was told to expect so I showed up at what I remember was the scheduled time at 9AM on a saturday morning.

When I showed up there was no one there. I left a voicemail and left and got a call back an hour later telling me that I didn't show up for my appointment on time (it was supposedly for 7:30 AM which I have no recollection of, I remember it being for 9 AM) and that they had to leave to do other mobile service calls and would be out for the rest of the day. It was from the boss who kept saying "I will get to the bottom of this" and "we take this stuff seriously" ... I said "Let's coordinate over email" but haven't heard anything back 24 hours later. I had not dealt with him up until this point, had always been with others but it seems like the person I've been dealing with up until now is out of the loop.

My windshield tint currently has a HUGE GASH right in my direct forward eyeline now. It was a small scratch before that was mildly annoying but the attempts to fix it on my last visit made it much, much worse and I've been staring through it for weeks now. Not to mention the huge amount of debris that is stuck between the film and the windshield, which honestly looks like fiberglass insulation -- when the morning or evening sun hits it it looks like my windshield had a big handful of glitter tossed on it. When I initially dropped of my car one of their employees was doing construction on one of the adjacent suites in the complex they are in so it's not a surprise that this is probably where the fiberglass insulation floating around everywhere was coming from ...

Also at the last visit I also found out that my "Level 2 paint correction and sealer" that I paid quite a bit for turned out to actually be a quick polish with some all-in-one polish and sealer mix. On taking a closer look I think that they actually did more damage to my paint job than they helped. Water still does not bead up at all on the vehicle, there are a TON of swirl marks all over it and most of the damage that I thought it might resolve is still there, along with much more noticable stone chips all over the hood that were nowhere near as noticeable before the work. I guess this is a bit expected but at the same time it's still frustrating that my car is in worse shape now on pretty much all fronts after I spent over $1k on it to get it detailed...

I'm pretty pissed at this point, 50% of the time I have showed up for scheduled appointments no one is even there and I have to phone people, chase them down, wait weeks for appointments. So this has been 4 visits (so far) in order to get done something that should have been incredibly simple ... I'm really hoping that this other person actually gets this resolved for me. I would just remove the film myself but I'm afraid that if I do that they will not replace it as promised because the boss guy will not get to see what a terrible installation I got the first time around ... so until I can actually meet up with this person I guess I'm stuck with what I have.

At this point I really can't recommend that anyone use their services. I will continue to report back as the saga unfolds.

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
Had to chase them down today to get a followup. Am booked for the window tint replacement again in a MONTH. They just have no saturday availability apparently, so I get to stare through the big gash in my line of sight for another month. I've decided that I don't want them to work on the paint correction stuff anymore, so even if they offer I'm going to decline that one.

Reactions: akidesir
Had to chase them down today to get a followup. Am booked for the window tint replacement again in a MONTH. They just have no saturday availability apparently, so I get to stare through the big gash in my line of sight for another month. I've decided that I don't want them to work on the paint correction stuff anymore, so even if they offer I'm going to decline that one.
I had a similar situation last year. Was booked on a Saturday morning at 7am or so, I'm coming from North York and took the long drive to Oakville. When I get there they said I wasn't showing up in their appointment list. Wasted time waking up so early and taking the long drive to Inception. They rescheduled me for a month or two later, I got pissed off of waiting so long that I didn't return and went to Smart Detail over by Dufferin and Steeles area in North York. Very happy with the service there got 35% Xpel Prime XR tint on my windows.

Just thought I would chime in here because I just had the roof done on my wife’s RX350 with Spectra Photosync at Evelyn Protective Films by Fabian.

Guy is truly brilliant at his craft. He is super busy, so you’ll have to wait for an appointment but the workmanship is second to none. I put 45 of the newest Photosync film on wifey’s car and she finally has a usable sunroof in the hot sun.

5 stars for Evelyn.