Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window Tinting - GTA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just thought I would chime in here because I just had the roof done on my wife’s RX350 with Spectra Photosync at Evelyn Protective Films by Fabian.

Guy is truly brilliant at his craft. He is super busy, so you’ll have to wait for an appointment but the workmanship is second to none. I put 45 of the newest Photosync film on wifey’s car and she finally has a usable sunroof in the hot sun.

5 stars for Evelyn.

Second this. Superb workmanship by Fabian.

Reactions: The Lorax
My Inception Auto Detailing saga continues ... dropped my car at the appointed time of 7:30 this morning, but they guy who was supposed to be working on it and promised me it would only take a few hours and that I would have my car back today wasn't even there. The guy I dropped my car with was doing construction a couple units down again and came out to meet me and take my keys. When I asked when the car would be ready he said that the guy doing the car was already out on other appointments for the day and that they would "let me know" when it was done. When I mentioned to him that I was told it would be done today and that I needed the car back by 4PM he just said "we will let you know when it's done".

I honestly can't recommend to anyone to use these guys. Every single step of the way with these guys there have been issues, I was super tempted to just take my keys back and drive away this morning to be honest. There's literally only been one single time when I showed up there where the person who was supposed to meet me there was actually there ... and that was when he proceeded to work on trying to "fix" the deep gouges for 45 minutes and actually made them MUCH worse. I did speak with the owner once on the phone who promised me he would "get to the bottom of this" but nothing ever happened with that.

To summarize it all I've now (over)paid for "level 2 paint correct" that was instead a bad polish job with all-in-one polish and sealer that left more damage than it resolved, had the front sides and widshield tinted (thankfully the side windows are ok), have visited their shop FIVE times so far, and am still trying to pick out/remove all the little bits of destroyed polishing pad that are stuck on various places around my trim and filling the door cavities (every time I roll down and up my side windows after a rain they come back up covered in the destroyed polish pad debris). I had a friend with a pro scope (iOS microscope attachment) take a quick look at all the debris stuck between the windshield tint and the windshield and it looks like the same stuff that's stuck in my trim and inside my doors :(

I did a fair bit of reading up on what to expect and what to avoid when getting this type of detailing done, and these guys have ticked off pretty much every single "what to avoid" point to date. I'm not holding my breath that I will get my car back today and to be honest if there are problems with the windshield film replacement I'm just going to remove it and go somewhere else, but I wanted to share this with everyone here so they know what they are getting into should they choose to use Inception.

Aaaaand literally within 10 minutes of posting this I just got a call from Natalie ... apparently they were "about to start on my car" but they noticed that there is some kind of "odour" in the car and because they would have to be inside the car with the steamer and the doors all closed they wanted me to authorize them to do a "small cleaning" of the inside of the car before they did any work on it and were saying that it wouldn't be a "full detailing" just a quick cleaning, and they wanted $140 to do it or they wouldn't be able to replace the windshield tint because they didn't want to be inside the car with that "odour" unless they were allowed to clean it first. I have no idea what this "odour" might be aside from maybe the tiniest faint smell of soil/plants (I transported a handful of plants that I bought at a local nursery last night) ... but really? They don't want to be inside the car because of that? I'm thinking that they are just looking for excuses to try and get more $$ to cover their repeated screw ups and all the time wasted on this botched job.

I'm done with this company, I told them to not do any of the work on the car and set my keys aside and that I would go and pick my car up.

Reactions: Struja
Aaaaand literally within 10 minutes of posting this I just got a call from Natalie ... apparently they were "about to start on my car" but they noticed that there is some kind of "odour" in the car and because they would have to be inside the car with the steamer and the doors all closed they wanted me to authorize them to do a "small cleaning" of the inside of the car before they did any work on it and were saying that it wouldn't be a "full detailing" just a quick cleaning, and they wanted $140 to do it or they wouldn't be able to replace the windshield tint because they didn't want to be inside the car with that "odour" unless they were allowed to clean it first. I have no idea what this "odour" might be aside from maybe the tiniest faint smell of soil/plants (I transported a handful of plants that I bought at a local nursery last night) ... but really? They don't want to be inside the car because of that? I'm thinking that they are just looking for excuses to try and get more $$ to cover their repeated screw ups and all the time wasted on this botched job.

I'm done with this company, I told them to not do any of the work on the car and set my keys aside and that I would go and pick my car up.
That’s total BS about the odour. I would do exactly what you did...get them away from your car and further damage.

I know it is a long drive for you but as I said before, I HIGHLY recommend Fabian at Evelyn protective films for tints.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
I'll do some research before I take it back in to anyone at this point. The shop guy did call me back a couple minutes after posting this last update and said "We won't charge you! We'll clean your car! I just need your permission to clean it!" but I'm done with them at this point. That whole "it would only cost your $140 otherwise we can't do it" conversation was the last straw.

Like you say I don't want any more damage to be done ... the first time around driving away there was tons of water dripping from inside my dash all over my legs -- which understand as part of the process there's a lot of water involved, but I was honestly worried about it getting done again because I wonder how much of that ran right through my MCU :(

What a horrible experience, complete waste of time (over and over again), the damage done to my vehicle during the process and the final insults of both telling me that my car smells bad and therefore they need to try and weedle more money out of me to clean it before they correct the issues that have been ongoing since the initial install 2.5 MONTHS ago.

I'll do some research before I take it back in to anyone at this point. The shop guy did call me back a couple minutes after posting this last update and said "We won't charge you! We'll clean your car! I just need your permission to clean it!" but I'm done with them at this point. That whole "it would only cost your $140 otherwise we can't do it" conversation was the last straw.

Like you say I don't want any more damage to be done ... the first time around driving away there was tons of water dripping from inside my dash all over my legs -- which understand as part of the process there's a lot of water involved, but I was honestly worried about it getting done again because I wonder how much of that ran right through my MCU :(

What a horrible experience, complete waste of time (over and over again), the damage done to my vehicle during the process and the final insults of both telling me that my car smells bad and therefore they need to try and weedle more money out of me to clean it before they correct the issues that have been ongoing since the initial install 2.5 MONTHS ago.

Like Struja, I went to Evelyn. Fabian is meticulous, has a long waiting list, but is well worth it (and he's got better tint that also reduces heat in the car). He goes over your car thoroughly, explains everything in detail, is prompt, direct, frank and professional. The hardest part is getting to him up in Markham.

i have used them 3 times, no complaints just check afterwards as last time the installer forgot a few of his blades in the car.

i contacted inception and no response, after reading this thread i am kinda glad

i will be trying a new installer for the m3 just doing side windows this time and ppf the hood
Hey juls, where did you get your fronts tinted? Satisfied?