Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window Tinting - last minute question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm looking to get my car tinted this weekend (side windows and rear) and have a last minute question. I'm leaning toward either 3M Crystalline, Xpel Prime XP Plus or Llumar FormulaOne Pinnacle. Planning to do 30% tint but is one better than the other for heat rejection? Living in SoCal the summers can be pretty hot.

I might opt for the sunroof and/or windshield tinted at a later date. I've had Llumar FormulaOne on previous cars but have no experience with the other two tints. Since I'm planning to keep this car for a long time, just want to make the best long term choice.

Thanks

Ya, I've compared and researched those numbers and the films mentioned above all seem pretty comparable.

Total Solar Energy Rejected (TSER) of Crystaline 20% film is 62% TSER, XR Black 20% film is 64% TSER, XR Prime Plus 20% film is 66% TSER, and Lumar Pinnacle 25% film is 58% TSER.

I was looking for some personal experiences / preferences and why? Figured someone might have tried these tints and might have some insight.

Skip getting the back window done and instead get the front windshield with 70%. That will stop the sun beating in on you while driving.

I have windshield with 70%, all side windows with 30%, XR Plus, it’s a huge improvement and I didn’t even bother with the back window.

• Informative
Reactions: bbk3e