TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Window Tinting - Too dark on BLUE Model S?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by pairtrader, Mar 1, 2014.

1. pairtrader

pairtrader Member

Has anyone tinted the back windows of a blue Model S? I'd love to see some photos. As we all know, the blue can look very dark in poor lighting. My dog would appreciate tinting at least the back window :smile:

2. GDH

GDH Banned

The windows look better tinted than not, I say dooooooooooooo it!

3. pairtrader

pairtrader Member

I was able to answer my own question, Looks good to me!!

Teslatint3.jpg TeslaWindowTint-11_zpse72b9e79.jpg TeslaWindowTint-13_zps9893220d.jpg

4. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

That looks fabulous. What did you go with? I have the blue and want to stay legal here in TN so the max I can get is 35%.

5. pairtrader

pairtrader Member

I am scheduled to get my car March 26th. I'm just planning ahead since the wrapping should be done ASAP and will be done at the same time as any tinting. I'm not sure how dark I'll go, but it's illegal to do the front windows in British Columbia so it won't look exactly like the photos above.

6. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

That looks really great!

Ever since putting on the gunmetal Rial Luganos on my blue MS, I've been thinking about doing things to darken it up more -- tinted window, "de-chroming," etc. Think I'm going to move forward on the tint based on your pictures.

7. pairtrader

pairtrader Member

There's a ton of photos on this other thread. Model S - Window Tinting