Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window Tinting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in a cooler climate with only a couple months of temperatures > 80. I want to get my windows tinted for appearance mostly, but less so for heat rejection. I have decided on Suntek CXP, but I am torn between using the 18% (which seems to look too dark in some pictures) and 35% (which seems to look too light in some pictures). Anybody have experience with either light transmittance with photos that they would care to post?

Thanks in advance!

I live in a cooler climate with only a couple months of temperatures > 80. I want to get my windows tinted for appearance mostly, but less so for heat rejection. I have decided on Suntek CXP, but I am torn between using the 18% (which seems to look too dark in some pictures) and 35% (which seems to look too light in some pictures). Anybody have experience with either light transmittance with photos that they would care to post?

Thanks in advance!

Most window tinting businesses have samples you can physically see and compare to pick out what suites you better. Comparing pictures that people post with their various photography, and whatever display you are using to view them will not do much to help you.

Anyone have opinions on Huper Optik Layered Nano-Ceramic for window tinting?

What characteristics are YOU looking for in a tint. There are many great ceramic films out there, so it comes down to what you're looking to achieve.

If you have a heat problem, almost all the higher-end ceramic films on the market do an excellent job of heat rejection and UV protection.

If you want color, then that comes down to personal choice. For example, there are tints out there that have a brownish hue, bluish hue, purplish hue, or are neutral. So, if looking at a green tree, does it matter if it's bluish-green?

Are you looking for extreme clarity? Excellent scratch resistance? etc. Unfortunately, as in life, there is not one product that achieves ALL the above characteristics that YOU may find of value. So, you need to be educated from a responsible dealer/s, and come up with your own conclusion.

Hope this helps.

I personally like Huper, and use it on all our clients' cars exclusively, because it has excellent heat rejection, very clear, and has a neutral look. I am gaining some reflective properties though (not a good thing to my personal taste). I do wish it was less reflective from the outside, but the three top reason why I chose it, outweigh the drawback. But it's my personal choice and ultimately, my clients are educated on why I went the Huper route.