Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window Tinting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would highly recommend Emerald City Tint in Queen Anne. I chose 3M Crystalline 40 on the sides and 70 on the windshield.

One of the few places that does Crystalline in the Seattle area. It's a difficult film to install but well worth it for its heat rejecting capabilities.

All the big name shops like Metropolitan Detail and Accutint carry 3M Crystalline or didn't want to deal with the difficulty in installing it. Tim is a perfectionist and is willing to rip off film if its not right and make it right.

His prices are very fair and easily beat the big names in town! I highly recommend him - no affiliation, just a happy customer.

Has anyone used a local vendor for window tinting their Model S that they were happy with? Thanks!

I am in Bellingham and I used a local company and can find them on Facebook (Tint Lady) the same company that's done other of my cars, they found a few item a bit trickier like the front window rubber seal next to small window.. I am very pleased with the tint to the windows as it also removed the fish bowl look people seeing you as you drive around.. I guess I am more private LOL

946841_547526381970924_1430782386_n.jpg

Last edited:
I had my windows tinted at Emerald City Window Tinting yesterday and Tim did a great job. He was working on a Black P85+ when I dropped off my car.

That's mine! haha :) Tim told me another white Model S had come by earlier in the day...

I had 3M Crystalline 40 all-around and Crystalline 70 on the windshield. Very pleased with the look and heat rejection capabilities. It was a hot day here in Seattle yesterday and I could tell the A/C fan speed on all auto settings was reduced. Before I couldn't just set the temperature and forget it like some of my other cars, I was always fiddling with the fan speed. Now, no problem!

Very happy with the tint and Tim's work! I would highly recommend him if you're in the Puget Sound area. Crystalline is pricey but well worth the money in my opinion.

How does the Crytalline look on a black car? I've heard it can be a bit reddish/bronzish.

Crystalline 40 is naturally a brownish color but from the outside on Tesla's factory glass it has a dark blue color to it.

When you look from the inside out, you can see the brown, I'd say its similar to looking out of bronze tinted sunglasses. I say that in a good way because it seems to enhance the contrast of everything you look at.

I have Crystalline 70 on my windshield and it's definitely more grey and color neutral compared to the Crystalline 40.

I'm in downtown Seattle and if anyone is interested in checking it out in person, I'd be happy to meet up. But one thing I must say is that the heat rejection capabilities is well worth the money. My A/C is working a lot better now and the overall comfort in the car is much better. While its an expensive film, its well worth the cost in my book!