Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window tinting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll put another vote in for Photosync tints. If anything there seems to be a very slight blueish color to them but they are really clear and especially so at night. I had SunTek's on my 2013 S85 and they had a noticeable smearing effect at night when viewing any lights through them. I also used Auto SuperShield in Boca and they did a PPF bra at the same time on my P85D.

Could you perhaps share what the Photosync tint costs? All of the previous tinting experiences I've had have been with whatever the installer uses. I like what you said about the Photosync having a slight blueish hue as I think that would go well with the Pearl White. More importantly though, I like that the tint is clear at night. Enough with having to put the window down to make a turn on a dark street.. Did you have a good experience with Auto Supershield? That is who I plan to use as well for the XPel installation. Many thanks.

At the risk of stating the obvious, those who are concerned about the darkness of the tint and how it behaves at night need to know the percentage tint used by others when making their comparisons. Obviously more is involved than just comparing brands of tint. You need to know how dark the various tints were before reaching a conclusion.

Larry

At the risk of stating the obvious, those who are concerned about the darkness of the tint and how it behaves at night need to know the percentage tint used by others when making their comparisons. Obviously more is involved than just comparing brands of tint. You need to know how dark the various tints were before reaching a conclusion.

Larry
Thanks for both your posts. Obvious things do bear repeating, especially with the uninitiated. It seems you've helping me make the decision I was thinking of anyway.

I live in Woodstock area in Georgia USA. I searched many times on the internet and found many websites. I choose thetintguy.com. It was the first time I tinted my car and its a great experience for me. My car has a new look and as I have read tinting helps in summers.