TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Window Tinting

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by aleagle, May 22, 2017.

1. aleagle

aleagle Member

What is a fair price to pay for window tinting a Model S - 2 front windows, 2 back windows, 2 small quarter windows, back window AND windshield? The estimates I've been getting range from $195 to $1,100!

2. dhcp

dhcp Member

Paid about $450 in the SF Bay Area at Auto Image, which is considered one fo the better places for Tesla tinting. Didn't get the windshield tinted, I know people do it but I can't imagine doing anything to impair my forward viewing even slightly.

3. JasJ

JasJ Member

$550 including windshield - ceramic Pronano film (70 & 35). Came to the house (garage) and did the install. 3M crystalline was about 50% more. In Houston, TX.

4. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

Houston area had quotes from 300 to 750. I went with XPEL XR and love it.

5. RayW

RayW Member

$700 for Spectra Photosync 35% at Extreme Autowerks in Cerritos. 2 front windows, 2 back windows, 2 small quarter windows, back window. They do 70% on windshield, but I passed on that -- too hard to explain to the wife.
    It's immaculate, looks great and helps keep the car cool. Not sure if that's a good price, but I'm happy with it.
    From my past experience, the sub-$400 tints are low quality and will fog & bubble in a few years.