Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window venting in Tesla app version 3.10.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ahhhh. I see.

That doesn't make sense. But.....hmmmmm

I hope Tesla isn't biased.

No, it's not a bias thing... but could be that the code was ready at different times. Also remember that the apps get submitted to both Apple and Google for review before being published on their relative App Stores. The amount of time it takes for those reviews and publishing to happen can vary, so sometimes it appears on one before the other. Just the nature of the beast.

No, it's not a bias thing... but could be that the code was ready at different times. Also remember that the apps get submitted to both Apple and Google for review before being published on their relative App Stores. The amount of time it takes for those reviews and publishing to happen can vary, so sometimes it appears on one before the other. Just the nature of the beast.

All good theories, and I hope that they are true.

Maybe there's a difference between being able to open the windows just a few inches to vent vs. being able to open them all the way? While the former may allow toddlers to pinch their fingers, they won't be able to get their necks into the window opening as with the latter situation.
Don't know about all models, but on my X, this doesn't happen. Even the slightest vertical pressure on the window while rolling up, it will automatically reverse. Now that I think about it, that works on most new cars.

Don't know about all models, but on my X, this doesn't happen. Even the slightest vertical pressure on the window while rolling up, it will automatically reverse. Now that I think about it, that works on most new cars.
yes. this is a safety feature that is in all automatic windows, which bothers me why we don't have the option to completely control the windows from our phones. i would at least like to know if they're open or closed.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
The phone app probably checks to see what FW version is on the connected vehicle and changes the display based on that.

Probably right, I'm not on V10 yet. While everyone is excited about the V10, I'm not sure when and what this version brings to the SR+ owners. Maybe the little defrost button get us excited? ;) BTW, the windshield is easily get fog up under the rain with all the defrost option on. It's not even as clear as my 10yr old CRV.