Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window venting in Tesla app version 3.10.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PoitNarf

My dog's breath smells like dog food
Jun 7, 2016
NJ
Just saw this posted on reddit. Looks like window venting was added to the control page of the Tesla app with version 3.10.0 which was released today. According to the poster on reddit pressing the vent button in the app drops all 4 windows down a few inches and pressing it again closes the windows. I don’t see the option with my 3 running 2019.32.2.2 so I’m assuming this is limited to early V10 builds at the moment. Here’s the reddit post: Window venting in newest Tesla app update! : teslamotors

1DE1632C-E773-4DA1-BA20-2B45A43D82FB.jpeg

That’s a useful feature for the summer when you don’t want to blast the the ac to bring the car to the outside temperature.

Especially when it starts to cool off. My car might be at 120+ because of the sun beating down but the air temperature drops pretty quick as soon as it becomes dusk, so it might hit 75 F in like half an hour or so. Venting the car then would be very useful rather then it retaining that heat and slowly dropping down.

Reactions: vickh and strykeroz
Whoever has pics of the defrost button in the app, please post it. Are there buttons for the front, rear, or both?

Also, how do we send our feature requests to Tesla? Just DM Elon on Twitter?

It seems that posting on Twitter with Elon & Tesla tagged is the method he replies to the most (though randomly). But I do think there is an official way to email Tesla requests, just can’t recall it...

Well, to all the people that said remote close wouldn’t work with windows for safety reasons...

Closing and venting options with v10 a new version of the Tesla app : teslamotors
Maybe there's a difference between being able to open the windows just a few inches to vent vs. being able to open them all the way? While the former may allow toddlers to pinch their fingers, they won't be able to get their necks into the window opening as with the latter situation.

Reactions: go2realize
Maybe there's a difference between being able to open the windows just a few inches to vent vs. being able to open them all the way? While the former may allow toddlers to pinch their fingers, they won't be able to get their necks into the window opening as with the latter situation.

But you can leave all the windows fully down and remotely close them.

• Informative
Reactions: jsmay311
Hasn’t “pinch sensors” been a thing on electric windows for awhile now? (Years?)

I’ve never tested it, but I thought if windows sensed too much resistance they would auto back down. I assume it would still hurt, but wouldn’t crush fingers or arms or cause any real damage besides freaking someone out a bit and some short term pain.

I figure this also protects window motors from burning out if there’s something blocking the window...

• Funny
Reactions: alexGS
Makes me wonder what other little surprises will show up when V10 finally starts rolling out.

I’ll be honest .... I hate all the early access leaks. I hate them because now, let’s say, there’s a problem with window roll-up. Whiny self-entitled yahoos are going to complain that Tesla “owes them” window roll-up.

Even worse are the yahoos who complain that “V10 sucks” before they’ve ever even seen it. I’ve already seen those complaints! Same folks who complain that because FSD isn’t done, Tesla shouldn’t do anything else.

I’m just tired of the whining and complaining. So - much like you - I’m excited to see what else is in store for V10, but hate wading through all the complaints. I’d rather just wait for the big a-ha! release and get the complaining over with in one shot, rather than fester over the entire testing period.

but yes - I’m also excited for V10; just hope they do a big-bang reveal instead of dripping it out.

edited to add: I just wanted to be clear, this has NOTHING to do with you, PoitNarf. I’m just complaining about the complainers. Feeling very meta right now. :)