Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window washer fluid low

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi just wanted to gauge other opinions first
Its just been two months and the Model 3 is saying low window washer fluid
Yes I have been using it during the summer days but not enough so that 2 months go by with 600 miles and its low again?

Has it always been low from the manufacturer?

I'd reject the car if Tesla hadn't filled up the washer fluid bottle.

:)

There are a number of threads where people give their experience of usage.e.g.:

Reactions: X-pilot and M1tch
I'd reject the car if Tesla hadn't filled up the washer fluid bottle.

:)

There are a number of threads where people give their experience of usage.e.g.:

well hard to figure out until after using it a couple of weeks

25K miles now, I've never filled the screen wash 🤷
helpful thank you unlike some other snarky comments

well hard to figure out until after using it a couple of weeks

helpful thank you unlike some other snarky comments
I'm not meaning to suggest that it's entirely normal to never fill your screenwash, more an oddity as my car was in service at 9 month and 22 months and I guess Tesla topped it up then. I don't use the squirters much at all anyway, keep the car washed and it's rare the screen needs washing. I can't honestly remember last time I needed to use it.

Other people on here are refilling every few months, I guess they live in dirtier places or don't wash often enough.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t fill completely in the factory. If they are weight constrained with the number of vehicles they can carry on a ship then you could get an extra 4 vehicles on if they leave 2l of screen wash out of each of the 4000 cars.

Mine didn’t last long, but that was no bad thing, allowed me to fill up with something that had higher detergents/antifreeze.

25K miles now, I've never filled the screen wash 🤷
@GRiLLA ’s windscreen pictured

5A21B2FF-A7CA-405C-9B43-B6C392F7E6F5.jpeg

My tyres are now 40psi after some use, is this normal? I can't believe the air would have leaked from a rubber seal during use???
Maybe Tesla didn't fill them up enough to save 0.1mm on height clearance on the ship when they loaded them?
Or they are saving electricity in the factory by turning off the air compressor early when pumping them up.
Either way I am not happy :mad:

So - after all that - you have come to the conclusion that you could have worked out for yourself - that I and others told you in the beginning that it wasn't filled up enough!

No s**t Sherlock! What's next... my touchscreen has fingerprints?
my question was more towards does it come fully topped up, midway, empty etc. read the last sentance
The capacity of the bottle is in the manual. Lots of other useful info there ;)
who reads the manual? where is it anyway?
My tyres are now 40psi after some use, is this normal? I can't believe the air would have leaked from a rubber seal during use???
Maybe Tesla didn't fill them up enough to save 0.1mm on height clearance on the ship when they loaded them?
Or they are saving electricity in the factory by turning off the air compressor early when pumping them up.
Either way I am not happy :mad:
complain, its fine everyone has to read it

My wiper solution lasted me about 1950 miles. I don't use it much. My problem is that they sell the solution in 1 gallon jugs (3.79 liters) and the reservoir only holds 3.2 liters (.84 gallons). Now I have to waste the excess solution or carry it around in the frunk for a few weeks. Such a problem I have. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: X-pilot
I think - if you're going to post up such an absurd first world problem about your windscreen washer fluid level - be prepared to grow a thick skin as 'snarky' (your words) - or more like common sense comments will come in...

Sure - there are some useless topics on here, but some useful ones as well - trade in values, pick-up processes, software glitches & updates, recalls etc... but none more shallow than 'Window washer fluid low'...

Let me define for you - your first world problem in the context of what's happening in the world right now... A war in Ukraine - 1000's of people dying... 200% plus rise in energy prices, fuel prices out of control, everything in supermarkets going up... or parents who have to starve to let their kids eat?

...and you're worried about level of fluid in your little water bottle?

Last edited: