Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window washer fluid low

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wiper solution lasted me about 1950 miles. I don't use it much. My problem is that they sell the solution in 1 gallon jugs (3.79 liters) and the reservoir only holds 3.2 liters (.84 gallons). Now I have to waste the excess solution or carry it around in the frunk for a few weeks. Such a problem I have. ;)
Can't you leave the excess in your house somewhere? ;)

I think - if you're going to post up such an absurd first world problem about your windscreen washer fluid level - be prepared to grow a thick skin as 'snarky' (your words) - or more like common sense comments will come in...

Sure - there are some useless topics on here, but some useful ones as well - trade in values, pick-up processes, software glitches & updates, recalls etc... but none more shallow than 'Window washer fluid low'...

Let me define for you - your first world problem in the context of what's happening in the world right now... A war in Ukraine - 1000's of people dying... 200% plus rise in energy prices, fuel prices out of control, everything in supermarkets going up... or parents who have to starve to let their kids eat?

...and you're worried about level of fluid in your little water bottle?
yes and so what?

Let me define for you - your first world problem in the context of what's happening in the world right now... A war in Ukraine - 1000's of people dying... 200% plus rise in energy prices, fuel prices out of control, everything in supermarkets going up... or parents who have to starve to let their kids eat?

...and you're worried about level of fluid in your little water bottle?
Might as well just shut down this forum then as everyone’s posts are trivial compared to war and famine.

I'm actually surprised how far some people here go between top-ups. I guess I use the washers rather more than average 🤷
I must confess that I tend to be rather profligate with my squirts of the screen cleaner. After spending about £50k on a new car I think I have probably now gone through about 2 litres of water and a capful of wash concentrate in the last 6 months. Spare no expense says I!!

• Funny
Reactions: init6
My wiper solution lasted me about 1950 miles. I don't use it much. My problem is that they sell the solution in 1 gallon jugs (3.79 liters) and the reservoir only holds 3.2 liters (.84 gallons). Now I have to waste the excess solution or carry it around in the frunk for a few weeks. Such a problem I have. ;)
carry for couple of weeks and top up after two weeks. you will be using some of washer fluid already and there's going to be some space for remaining 0.16 gallons (whatever that means)

I must confess that I tend to be rather profligate with my squirts of the screen cleaner. After spending about £50k on a new car I think I have probably now gone through about 2 litres of water and a capful of wash concentrate in the last 6 months. Spare no expense says I!!
I think water + washing up liquid (fairy etc) is one of the best solutions for summer, when you need to wash off all those bugs and other stuff.
it's not so good during winter though

I think water + washing up liquid (fairy etc) is one of the best solutions for summer, when you need to wash off all those bugs and other stuff.
it's not so good during winter though

That's great for manually washing the screen but there are many reports (not Tesla related) from people who have inadvertently gummed up their washer system pipes/nozzles from using washing up liquid.

I topped my washer bottle up 14 months after the car was delivered. I did it again a year later.
never seen a low water level warning. Presume it holds about 20 gallons 😂

My tyre pressures are often different on each wheel. The Tesla is really clever. If I don’t do anything they eventually equalise all on their own.
The car must pump air from one tyre to the other 🤣🤣

I hate washer fluid. The bottles you buy are never the right size for your car, so you end up putting the dregs in the cupboard under the sink, then forgetting about it next time so you build a collection of dregs. the containers don't pour neatly, and the hole is too low so you end up sloshing it all over the place.

Reactions: Neilio
I hate washer fluid. The bottles you buy are never the right size for your car, so you end up putting the dregs in the cupboard under the sink, then forgetting about it next time so you build a collection of dregs. the containers don't pour neatly, and the hole is too low so you end up sloshing it all over the place.
100% with you on all this. There’s also no visibility of how full it is so you inevitably overflow when refilling.

Reactions: Neilio and Mrklaw
You could have read those threads before you even got the car, so you would have an idea if your usage is normal or not. It's a 3.2l container so quote a lot of fluid to use up, bit some folks manage to do that.
I’m surprised to hear it is 3.2L. Mine’s been nagging for a couple of weeks, and when I refilled it it only took ~1.7L (it could just be the foam came up and I panicked and stopped). I use Sonax concentrate which is very foamy.