Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window washer fluid low

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hate washer fluid. The bottles you buy are never the right size for your car, so you end up putting the dregs in the cupboard under the sink, then forgetting about it next time so you build a collection of dregs.
I’m always reassured to have some left over! It means that if ever I run out I know I’m not going to have a problem. I’ve also been happy to have some if we have a visitor who needs a top up.

About 25 years ago I bought 5 litres of screen wash that came in a standard looking container but with a removable breather spout that clips into a moulded holder built into its side when not in use … functionally brilliant so it gets refilled and is used to this day!

Reactions: init6
I hate washer fluid. The bottles you buy are never the right size for your car, so you end up putting the dregs in the cupboard under the sink, then forgetting about it next time so you build a collection of dregs. the containers don't pour neatly, and the hole is too low so you end up sloshing it all over the place.
Over the years I have collected a fair few different half full bottles of washer fluid, my solution was to get a box of these keep a few bottles in the bottom boot area (in a plastic bag in case they leak) when I get the alert that washer fluid is low (not often) just pull into a petrol station and use the water top up with one of concentrates. You could go even further and keep the bottles and top up with bog standard concentrate dregs you have under the sink :cool:

Reactions: Mrklaw
Over the years I have collected a fair few different half full bottles of washer fluid, my solution was to get a box of these keep a few bottles in the bottom boot area (in a plastic bag in case they leak) when I get the alert that washer fluid is low (not often) just pull into a petrol station and use the water top up with one of concentrates. You could go even further and keep the bottles and top up with bog standard concentrate dregs you have under the sink :cool:
Don't mix them though, did that once and it formed a gunk which blocked all the tubes... :eek:

why to leave it at home when frunk is more or less not used that much and it's THE thing which you need to open in order to add washer fluid.. so next time you open frunk - you just add the remaining fluid and toss the can :/
I had a nearly empty bottle of screenwash in the frunk and I opened the frunk one sunny day to see that the screenwash bottle had inflated like a balloon. Quite lucky it hadn't burst, actually.

why to leave it at home when frunk is more or less not used that much and it's THE thing which you need to open in order to add washer fluid.. so next time you open frunk - you just add the remaining fluid and toss the can :/
@Roy B beat me to it. Risk of spilling into your frunk - and beyond.

I use concentrates - don't see the point in paying for water - so I fill up when I wash the car. No bottles, no mess.

Hi just wanted to gauge other opinions first
Its just been two months and the Model 3 is saying low window washer fluid
Yes I have been using it during the summer days but not enough so that 2 months go by with 600 miles and its low again?

Has it always been low from the manufacturer?

A very serious dilemma indeed, that requires a keen situational awareness, lightening fast decision making ability, and a masterful grasp of such an intricate mechanical system. I found a video (pictured below) with a guy that had the same kinds of problems...🤣o_O:eek::p

CAR.jpeg