Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window won’t go back up after opening door.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am starting to suspect that there is something amiss with my MS’s rear right window. At random times I have found it to be a crack open. I thought it was just somebody hitting the switch by mistake. But yesterday I caught it in the act: sometimes the window won’t go back up after lowering when the door opens. Not only that, if you open the door repeatedly before manually closing the window, it will keep going further down every time.

The trick, as it tends to be with these things, is that it does not happen every time and it doesn’t seem to follow a predictable pattern. So taking it to the SC is kind of rolling the dice.

Anybody out there has had this issue? I am curious to know what the fix was, so at least I can sound a bit smarter if I take the car to the SC and the problem is a no show.

Thanks!

Happened to my rear passenger window. I called Tesla and they had me do the window calibration. It worked for me.

Good to know! I have tried the calibration part (just holding the switch for a bit after the window is all the way up and down). The decalibration part sounds a bit above my pay grade. But now that I know that it has been proven to work, I will give it a go if this doesn’t do it, which probably will be the case...

It happened to me for the second time today. The first time, I thought it was from when my child lowered the window. Today, I opened the door and after I closed it, the window was lowered a few inches. I tried to close it but it wouldn't close. I sat in the driver seat and lowered then raised the rear driver window. I have an appointment for a checkup tomorrow so hopefully they can figure out what's going on.

• Informative
Reactions: Vinc
My car just started doing this again after about a year. It has gone away by itself several times so I was not about to complete the calibration process. I also didn’t want to reboot since I feel like my eMMC is on its last legs.
I closed the door, pulled the window all the way down, then all the way up. I let go and tried to raise the window again. Immediately after this the window started operating normally. I have no idea if this will be repeatable.

• Informative
Reactions: Vinc