Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window won’t roll up while wet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2020 X that it’s driver side window is having trouble rolling completely up... but only when wet. I.e rain and such. Never happens while dry. Figured it just needed to be adjusted so service came out and didn’t adjust anything and just cleaned the window... said it could just be dirt Particles since they couldn’t duplicate the problem since it was a sunny day. Strange thing is, rebooting car seems to be the solution to get it unstock and continue to roll up. Is this a common thing while wet or more so a software issue?

2020 X that it’s driver side window is having trouble rolling completely up... but only when wet. I.e rain and such. Never happens while dry. Figured it just needed to be adjusted so service came out and didn’t adjust anything and just cleaned the window... said it could just be dirt Particles since they couldn’t duplicate the problem since it was a sunny day. Strange thing is, rebooting car seems to be the solution to get it unstock and continue to roll up. Is this a common thing while wet or more so a software issue?
This happened to me today for the very first time but involved the passenger window. It also happened to occur immediately after trying to do the “Christmas” Easter Egg “dance” for the very first time since its menu location changed to Toybox. After the first few bass notes played everything from that point on aborted. I tried about 5 times and finally had to give up. Previously it always played through flawlessly.

As for the passenger window, when I hit the up button from the driver side the window went all the way up but immediately came back down to the 1/2 open position. This happened about 10 times in a row. While driving, I then pressed the two scroll wheels, the system rebooted but the problem persisted. I then rebooted with the two scroll wheels and the two buttons above held down. No change. Finally, I rebooted by doing a Power Off, waiting for 90 seconds, then pressing the brake pedal. Nothing came on. I then opened the door, closed it, then shifted into drive and everything came back. However the window still returned to the 1/2 open position whenever I attempted to close it fully.

I then walked around to the passenger door, opened it, and used the window control button to raise the window all the way. This worked fine. However, when I closed the door the top of the window hit the car. Fortunately I didn’t close it hard. I then put the window down a few inches, closed the door, got back in the driver seat, and now everything works normally.

So two problems;
1. Christmas Easter Egg doesn’t work.
2. Passenger window closed only 1/2 way. Now fixed.

I’m on 2020.20.12
2019 Model X Raven
It had just started to rain very lightly for the first time in weeks when this all took place.

• Informative
Reactions: E Dizzle