Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window won't go up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The rear passenger side window won't go up when I press up on the window switch. If I pull the window up with my hand while lifting the switch, then it goes up slowly. When the window is closed and I open the door, it does not go down to clear the trim. It's -15 C outside, and this problem started when I was cleaning the ice off the rubber window seal. I have a feeling some ice may have gotten stuck down in the door somewhere, preventing the window from going up.

This video shows what happens when I press the switch up. The window tries to go up, then goes down immediately.

I've tried rebooting the MCU and recalibrating the window (by holing the switch down for a few seconds when the window is all the way down). Nothing seems to work.

Anyone know what the problem is or how I might be able to fix it without a service centre visit?

I had that dealt with recently too. In my case they didn't have to replace anything just recalibrate it.

They did warn me that since I had an aftermarket tint on the car, if that was responsible, then it would be a chargeable thing. Fortunately they decided in my case the tint wasn't responsible.

Thanks for the replies. I got on the phone with Tesla and they told me to try a reboot (not the MCU, but the "power off" on the screen). To my surprise, the problem was fixed, but the window still won't go down to clear the trim when I try to open the door. So I tried recalibrating the window... and now the original problem is back. I think I might need to schedule a service appointment.