TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

windows accidentally open

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by dklein, Dec 8, 2019.

1. dklein

dklein Member

A number of times over the last few months I've returned to the car to find a window or two partially open. It's happening when I open/close the driver door. My hand just seems to accidentally press a window button for a moment. I swear I'm just holding the door by the grab handle normally but part of my hand seems to depress a button.

Is this happening to anyone else? It's happening more frequently while wearing gloves.
    I wish I could just lock the windows but as the driver it always works.

2. WesB

WesB Member

That's odd, it seems to me it would be pretty difficult to accidentally press the window switches when opening or closing the door. If it keeps happening there is button you can press in the controls section of the mobile app to close all windows.

3. dklein

dklein Member

it's the heel of my hand putting pressure on the buttons when I hold the inside door handle. So weird that it's only me.
    That button in the app is how I closed the windows this morning when I looked outside and saw one open ;)

4. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

OP I've actually done that myself and caught my hand on the button. I had opened the door already with the handle button but used my hand on the main button area to push it wider open and it was a subconscious movement. Should have left my hand on the grab handle and pushd outward on the door. Had I not caught myself I probably would have wondered why the window was down.

5. WesB

WesB Member

My rear passenger side door was cracked open a bit today.. could it be that I'm accidentally doing this without even realizing? I guess I have to pay attention to where my hand is next time.