Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windows did not auto go down, can’t close door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning when entering the car, passenger side windows didn’t auto go down. They also do not respond to window controls after this happened. Thus passenger side doors can’t be closed and I had to drive my other car to work.

Anyone had this issue before? Know a solution? I am also planning to call service department when they open.

What @Thp3 said. I had this happen once in my Audi, and I simply had to slowly close the door, and when it got close to the window track, I just pushed on the top edge of the window to fit it in window tract first, then finish the closing. That should at least get you to work

I had a similar issue with my driver-side passenger door back in October. I tried a reboot, and holding the window button down for a long time...nothing helped. I took the car to Tesla and they replaced the window regulator. No issues since.

M3 INTEVA RR LH WINDOW REGULATOR (1096622-00-F)

This morning when entering the car, passenger side windows didn’t auto go down. They also do not respond to window controls after this happened. Thus passenger side doors can’t be closed and I had to drive my other car to work.

Anyone had this issue before? Know a solution? I am also planning to call service department when they open.

Did you get this fixed? Im having the same issue. It happened a couple of weeks ago, but after sitting overnight it started working again, that is until today :-( My passenger mirror is also stuck in the retracted position and won’t extend.