Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

windows down, on their own, no driver input.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1 year old Model 3 LR AWD
No key fobs. Parked in front of garage. Came out 1 hour later, all windows down 2 inches. It had rained during that time, Lots of water on the inside.
Wiped all of that up and dried it. I hour later made a trip locally Parked in garage. Went into house, came back to garage a few minutes later, passenger window all the way down. Getting fed up.

Driver's side down: you accidentally hit the window button while exiting the vehicle.

I've had it happen , was *sure* it wasn't me, but later caught it happening and realize I'd probably missed it before.

All windows two inches: as others say, it's the app. You touched it, or someone else played with your phone.

Upvote 0
I think you need to reset the windows. Close all the doors and roll up the window with window switch (try driver side first - if still doesn't work then try passenger side). Don't pull window switch all the way up but half way - don't roll up at once, but pull little by little. Use this way to roll up the window all the way up. after window closed properly, hold the switch all the way up for 5 sec. then roll down the window all the way down and then press window switch for 5 sec. This will set the high peak and low peak of the window. If this doesn't work, you have to unplug the door wires for couple mins and then try above technique again.
I had same issue and fixed it this way.

Upvote 0