Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windows found open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sometimes find a window open a little when I return to where I parked it. I don't know how this happens - is it me inadvertently touching the lever (or my passenger) or is there a software glitch?

Just now I went into the garage (had been out driving) and I found the right rear window down a bit and a fan was running! Got into the car closed the window and the fan stopped after car had locked.

Weird, is it me or something else?

I sometimes find a window open a little when I return to where I parked it. I don't know how this happens - is it me inadvertently touching the lever (or my passenger) or is there a software glitch?

Just now I went into the garage (had been out driving) and I found the right rear window down a bit and a fan was running! Got into the car closed the window and the fan stopped after car had locked.

I thought it was me the other day as well that I found my front passenger window open as well. It looked just like when you open the car from the inside, just enough opening to open the door. I keep my fingers crossed that it was a one time occurence because my app showed the car was locked.

Thanks for all the notes about the windows. There are probably two ways for this to happen (excluding software) - touching the buttons on the way out and not ensuring that the doors are fully closed. I'll keep checking and get back to this post if I find anything more out.

Not to burst your bubble, but this has happened to me quite a bit. I found it happening after a carwash and heavy rain. For me it was my driver's window and rear passenger window.
My driver door sensor is all messed up and they're going to fix it when I can get into Boston again.
This car doesn't like water. That much is certain. One time I had to manually force the window up in the middle of a carwash! Brutal.

• Informative
Reactions: UnicornDriver
This happened to me a few times. It turned out to be a faulty regulator but I’m really paranoid about it now.

I do like the fact that you can see window status and close the windows from the app now. Gives me piece of mind when it rains. Luckily haven’t had an issue with the windows for over a year now.

This happened to me a few times. It turned out to be a faulty regulator but I’m really paranoid about it now.

I do like the fact that you can see window status and close the windows from the app now. Gives me piece of mind when it rains. Luckily haven’t had an issue with the windows for over a year now.

The controls from the App are supposed to work that way. My driver's window is messed up though. If I go to close it from the app it closes all the way and then pops back open about 8 inches(a few inches more than the vent option on the app!). It's brutal.

Finding a window down had happened to me several times, until I got into the habit of getting out of the car and then moving the 4 window buttons upward to be sure they were closed before leaving the car. Apparently, I had been accidentally hitting window buttons when pushing the inside handle of the door to get out.

anything on the sentry videos?

I had that happen multiple times and even worse the window didn't properly drop (not frozen either) sometimes. It was always the passenger side, front and/or back. I ended up having them replace one of the body controllers and that fixed it for good.