Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windows not fully closing (after battery swap) [12V battery swap]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So had a battery swap a few weeks ago. Like the small 12V battery that functions the smaller stuff like electronics in car, not the big one (car's fuel) below the car.

But after that my windows won't close correctly. I can get them to close if I want to, but I have to work for it. I can't simply pull all the way back on the window button and expect the windows to close. Now, it will go part way then stop. Or it goes all the way up, then reopens half way. So now it causes the problem that I may park my car in a public space and didn't know the windows were not fully closed. Or I'm driving and hear wind noise because I can't get windows to fully close in one button click.

Is this an easy fix to bring to Tesla? Is it caused if a 12V battery is swapped?

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
Have you tried calibrating the windows? Put the window all the way down and hold the button for 10 seconds then put the window all the way up and hold the button for 10 seconds.

Not yet, I guess I'll try that.

What is "the button for 10 seconds"? Like push down on the window button (open window direction) for 10 seconds, then do the same for when its closed for 10 seconds?

Update 1: I tried it while parked, I think it worked. I'll see if it still works within a few days or when I go drive it.

Last edited: