Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windows Not Going Down: Puddle Light was the Problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tonight, my passenger front seat window would not go down when the car door opened. And, it would hit the chrome frame when closing. I read on this site that the problem was the Puddle Light in that door being OFF. Well, sure enough, I checked that door and the Puddle Light would not light up. It seems that they would be totally unrelated, but it appears they work together. So, Tesla is coming out tomorrow to fix the issue. I will update this post after the repair is completed. If it were not for this site, I would have never figured out the issue. Thanks.

I had the same issue with my 2020 Model Y fixed today by a Tesla Mobile service tech. The right rear door window would not stay down 1 inch when the door was opened. It went back up. That prevented the door from shutting until I manually lowered the window, shut the door, and then put the window back up.

The issue was a failed puddle light. The tech installed a new puddle light and that fixed the problem. Just to be sure he also ran the window calibration in the hidden service menu on The Tesla center screen.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2