Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windows not going up - auto reversing down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the back passenger window act similarly after 2022.40.4. I walked away from the car and noticed the back passenger window was half way down - I never put any of the windows down so it went down by itself. I tried to use the app to close the window but it just went further down. I hit the vent/close windows button a few times and the other windows opened and closed but the back passenger window just went down further with the close button. I went to the driver door and manually closed it. Haven’t had an issue since.

I had the back passenger window act similarly after 2022.40.4. I walked away from the car and noticed the back passenger window was half way down - I never put any of the windows down so it went down by itself. I tried to use the app to close the window but it just went further down. I hit the vent/close windows button a few times and the other windows opened and closed but the back passenger window just went down further with the close button. I went to the driver door and manually closed it. Haven’t had an issue since.
Happened to our Model 3 a couple days ago but right before the 2022.30.4 update.

Anyone notice this after 2022.40.4.1?

The front passenger window will reverse back down if I’m holding it up or auto-up. This just started happening.

The only thing I can seem to do is a bunch of short pulses up. Then it won’t reverse back down.
Yes, this happened to me yesterday. I thought it was odd but now makes sense it was tied to that release. I had to hold down the window switch to get it back up.

After 2022.40.4.0 everything was fine, then 2022.40.4.1 came out and the passenger window start to act up. If I open the front passenger door the window will go a bit down for the door to open, once the door is close the window goes down, if you try to pull it up with the passenger switch it will go up a bit and then down. The only way to pull it all that way up is with the driver switch. I tried the mirror recalibration via settings and also the 15 second down...15 seconds up... procedure and still the same issue. It happened right after the update.

The usual suggestion for any weird behavior that pops up just after a software update is to re-boot the car using the two steering wheel scroll buttons. I know that the install is supposed to perform an automatic re-boot but I believe that there's been several times that a manual re-boot solves some issue.

Reactions: kaimanson
The usual suggestion for any weird behavior that pops up just after a software update is to re-boot the car using the two steering wheel scroll buttons. I know that the install is supposed to perform an automatic re-boot but I believe that there's been several times that a manual re-boot solves some issue.
Forgot to mention that I rebooted the car as well using both steering wheel scroll buttons. Screen went off, Tesla logo came up and still the issue with the window. Did the recalibration seat moved around, side view mirrors moved and that's it. Thanks for sharing.

I will chime in as well...take it for what it is worth.

We have had a couple of times this has happened over the past couple of weeks.

WE have a "tiny" but annoying issue that after the wind noise happened on the driver window it still happens.

I have re-calibrated it a TON but to no avail.....

What happens is that windows up works fine. Windows down works fine. HOWEVER, when at highway speeds we still hear the wind noise. What I do is simply bump the window down for a microsecond and the wind noise goes away. Unfortunately when we simply take the car out on the highway the window does something "on its own"....

Not something I want to do every day so any suggestions?

Thank you all so much! I sat in the car with my son in the passenger seat and rebooted it (two thumbs).

After the car came back up I asked him to mess with his window switch. I said move it all the way up and all the way down. He did that a few times and then I tried it from the driver seat and it worked! He fixed it 😁

Reactions: kaimanson