Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windows Not Working When Car Off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we've had some odd behavior recently but I'm not sure if it's supposed to work this way or if we have an issue. When the car is off but the screen is on (such as putting the car in Park & then opening the charge port to charge) the windows will sometimes work & sometimes not to go up & down. Usually they won't work, but sometimes they will. Opening a door sometimes will make the windows work again, sometimes not. Is this kind of behavior normal? I feel like previously any time the center screen was on the windows would be active. Thanks!

I am sitting in the driver's seat with the fob in my pocket when the windows won't work. But the car is off, not just in Park. But even though the car is off both the dash screen & the center screen are still turned on & active.
I believe that the windows and some of the other controls time out after a given period once the car is off even if the center screen remains active. This might be what your experiencing if you're still sitting in the driver's seat with the fob in your pocket.

Reactions: outdoors
I believe that the windows and some of the other controls time out after a given period once the car is off even if the center screen remains active. This might be what your experiencing if you're still sitting in the driver's seat with the fob in your pocket.
A time out would be expected, but this is a few seconds after the car is turned off by opening the charge port door. And then by continually fiddling with the window switches they sometimes come back to life, but sometimes not.