Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windows opening by themselves while driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, just updated to 2022.16.2 two days ago. Just had something strange happen while I was driving. The front passenger and driver windows started opening and closing by themselves!

It was completely random. One would go up while the other would go down, one would start closing while the other one remained in the same position. After a while the front windows could not be opened at all. Almost as if someone was holding their switch and preventing me from opening their window. The rear windows were operating normally throughout this time. On a second ride, I had a passenger who saw this occurring as well. They were able to override the window while it was opening/closing by itself but the driver controls were not.

After parking the car I did not observe this behavior. It only happens when the car is being driven it seems.

Another update: both front and passenger windows now do not work at all when attempting to be controlled by the driver panel. The passanger window can be controlled with its own switch however. Seems to be the driver side control panel for the windows is malfunctioning. :( Another out of warranty repair

Another update: both front and passenger windows now do not work at all when attempting to be controlled by the driver panel. The passanger window can be controlled with its own switch however. Seems to be the driver side control panel for the windows is malfunctioning. :( Another out of warranty repair
Just a shot in the dark here, but did you change the puddle lights in the doors? I understand that these lights have an effect on using the windows and cheap ones can make them stop working.

Reactions: bfayer62
Sorry to hear that, it does sound hardware related at this point.