Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windows opening on its own

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the past week I've been having an issue where the rear passenger side window and occasionally the passenger side front window are venting mysteriously on their own. The first couple of times I assumed they were opened by me by mistake, but I've now seen them reopen after being closed either via the app or manually in the car. Several times I've gotten notified via the app that the window was open, promptly closed it via the app, then got the same notification minutes later.

Has anyone else had or heard of this issue?

I have experienced random window opening events. The first thing to try is to re-calibrate the window. Tesla window calibration
I don't know if you need to hold the button for the full 30 seconds at each step of the calibration, maybe only 15 seconds. The second thing you can do is under settings you can have the Model Y automatically close any windows that are still open when the vehicle locks.

I let my son drive myY to his friends, I knew he would go for test rides and I'm fine with that, but I kept getting the driver's rear window down notification, so I called him, he told me it was up. I used the app to put all windows up, but I kept getting the notification. Glad it's not just me. When will the next big update come??

I booked an appointment for the windows and for my rear seats not folding. My appointment was canceled and I received this message. I have tried the window recalibration this morning. So far I haven't received an alert but it could be a coincidence.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201221-183245_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20201221-183245_Tesla.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 706
I booked an appointment for the windows and for my rear seats not folding. My appointment was canceled and I received this message. I have tried the window recalibration this morning. So far I haven't received an alert but it could be a coincidence.

Wow... I can't believe Tesla had the nerve to cancel your service appointment because - they suggest - you need to provide enough "manual force" for the seat to flip down.

Here's my prediction. Someone else with the same problem will work so hard to flip the seat that they may bend or break something else in the seat mechanism that will require repair.

Tesla will then not cover that item because of owner fault, using "too much force" on the seat.

You can bet on it !

• Disagree
Reactions: rxlawdude
This happened to me on my M3. I had to get the service department involved. At first they blamed it on me,that i had to be pushing the button down and i just didnt realize it. They didnt want to come out. But i would log every time it happened. Finally they came out and since hasn't happened.

Wow... I can't believe Tesla had the nerve to cancel your service appointment because - they suggest - you need to provide enough "manual force" for the seat to flip down.

Here's my prediction. Someone else with the same problem will work so hard to flip the seat that they may bend or break something else in the seat mechanism that will require repair.

Tesla will then not cover that item because of owner fault, using "too much force" on the seat.

You can bet on it !
Come on Cleo, give it a rest. You are an incessant Tesla pot stirrer. I just came from the MachE discussion where you were chiming in like this, and then denying that you were a basher when called on it. Give it a rest, man. I’ve owned Tesla’s for years, and I own a Y, unlike you. They cancelled the service appointment because there is no need for one.

This happened to me on my M3. I had to get the service department involved. At first they blamed it on me,that i had to be pushing the button down and i just didnt realize it. They didnt want to come out. But i would log every time it happened. Finally they came out and since hasn't happened.
Did they recalibrate the window? They could have walked you through that, saved you (and them) a lot of time.

Come on Cleo, give it a rest. You are an incessant Tesla pot stirrer. I just came from the MachE discussion where you were chiming in like this, and then denying that you were a basher when called on it. Give it a rest, man. I’ve owned Tesla’s for years, and I own a Y, unlike you. They cancelled the service appointment because there is no need for one.
I love stirring the pot. I both bash and applaud. Tesla has cost me thousands of dollars after the company made retroactive (and decidely illegal) changes to its extended warranty. New owners and prospective owners should get both sides of equation.