Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windows opening on its own

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had the driver side rear window open once when the car was off/parked and then I was able to close it with the app.
I then left the drivers window down overnight (in my garage) and the next day it wouldn't close all the way. It would get to within 2" of closed and then re-open. I calibrated both windows (full down--->full up--->full down) and then rebooted the car. So far, the issue has not recurred. (Fingers crossed).

My passenger window was completely down when I went to the grocery store the other day... I received no notification via the app but just found it down when I came back to the car. It hasn't happened again but I will recalibrate if it does. It seems like multiple people are having this issue but for some the window/s just crack a few inches and others it comes all the way down.

My passenger window was completely down when I went to the grocery store the other day... I received no notification via the app but just found it down when I came back to the car. It hasn't happened again but I will recalibrate if it does. It seems like multiple people are having this issue but for some the window/s just crack a few inches and others it comes all the way down.

Had this happen yesterday.

Took my daughter skiing and came back to find my passenger side window halfway down. It was sleet/raining for over 2 hours.

I got no notification from the app, but when i got to the car I checked the app and it said the window was open. Unbelievable to me that they haven't fixed this with a software update yet. Had to dry out the entire passenger side seat. Ridiculous.

Had been dealing with the vented windows for a few weeks now already, but they only vented slightly. This was the first time I found the window to be significantly lower.

Took my daughter skiing and came back to find my passenger side window halfway down. It was sleet/raining for over 2 hours.

I got no notification from the app, but when i got to the car I checked the app and it said the window was open. Unbelievable to me that they haven't fixed this with a software update yet. Had to dry out the entire passenger side seat. Ridiculous.

Had been dealing with the vented windows for a few weeks now already, but they only vented slightly. This was the first time I found the window to be significantly lower.
I would re-calibrate the windows.

Fixing this issue would require Tesla to admit it has an issue in the first place.

This is what many of us find frustrating in dealing with the company.

You may also want to take a hair dryer to the carpet make sure things are all dry down there ? I had a leaky pano roof and things started smelling mildewy until I did a bunch of drying out and spraying a bleach solution to finally kill the smell.

Today while in my garage I opened the drivers door, oddly enough the passenger window went into vent position. Corrected it and all is fine. Definitely some kind of glitch happening. Not sure how many people use the vent function but with preconditioning so easily available I question the reason for it. Just remove the option until you get it working properly is my suggestion.

I calibrated both windows (full down--->full up--->full down) and then rebooted the car. So far, the issue has not recurred. (Fingers crossed).

Maybe just a typo, but that it is not the correct calibration process as described in the manual. It is Up/down/up (not down/up/down).

From manual:

To calibrate a window:
  1. Close the door with the affected window.
  2. Sit in the driver's seat and close the driver door.
  3. Use the driver window switch to raise the affected window until it stalls.
  4. Use the driver window switch to lower the affected window until it stalls.
  5. Use the driver window switch to raise the affected window until it stalls.
The window should now be calibrated.

My model y has started doing this recently too. I just checked all the windows when I got out of the car to make sure. Within 10 minutes I got the alert my window is not fully closed.

Very frustrating for sure.
I just got model Y on Sep 16 this year. I had same experienced where the passenger side window front and back were down. I sent my concern to Tesla but they persistently saying the window was commanded down when exiting the car. Their reasoning is not logical as i know all window were all up.