Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windows Phone Tesla App - Please vote "me too" here if you are a WP user

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was an avid Windows Mobile user for years, but when Microsoft abandoned that platform and went to the tiled Windows Phone, I lost access to some important apps and reluctantly moved to the iPhone. I would very much like to get a WP, but until the app ecosystem catches up (including the Tesla app), I'm stuck.

I do, however, vote for a WP app!
Wow, I knew there were some that disliked the new Windows Phone but I didn't realize anyone liked or missed the old one.

While getting my delivery orientation today, the DS said Tesla is working on a Windows Phone version -- no idea how soon, just that a lot of folks in the seattle area were asking for it.. I tried to demo my app to him, but couldn't get good cell data service in the parking garage...

Wow, I knew there were some that disliked the new Windows Phone but I didn't realize anyone liked or missed the old one.

Yep. I started out with the original Pocket PC back around '99 or 2000, eventually moved to iPaqs and then to Windows Mobile phones. I probably had 3 or 4 WM phones over the years and loved that OS. I find it funny that the Windows Mobile phones were much maligned for having/needing a stylus, and now the Samsung Galaxy Note (with its stylus) is a fan favorite!

Currently an iPhone user, but looking hard at Windows Phone.

Yep. I started out with the original Pocket PC back around '99 or 2000, eventually moved to iPaqs and then to Windows Mobile phones. I probably had 3 or 4 WM phones over the years and loved that OS. I find it funny that the Windows Mobile phones were much maligned for having/needing a stylus, and now the Samsung Galaxy Note (with its stylus) is a fan favorite!

Currently an iPhone user, but looking hard at Windows Phone.
Sometimes technology is ahead of the masses being ready to embrace it. And sometimes the polish just isn't there for a given execution of a technology.

I think last time I counted there were like 4 attempts at a tablet ("slate" being one of them) before "all the sudden" the "new concept" called the iPad took the world by storm.