Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windows struggle to operate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hey all,

I am noticing the windows struggling to go up. They come down fine...

Just took delivery of my model x on sept. 21. White, 100D, 6 seat coding, black interior and carbon Fiber.

Within hours of owning it I went and got the front driver and passenger windows tinted. I had not tested the windows rolling up or down prior. But when the tints were cured I thought I’d give it a chance.

Anyone else have this problem? if anyone needs, I can post a video of them whining on the way up.

Let me know :)

We are all n00bs. Went into service today and didn’t realize the window runs up the rubber channel. When the door was open it was fine. The service rep said he would lube the rubber as it felt dry.

I am 100% IF HE LUBED IT IT WOULDVE BEEN FINE LOL. he forgot to lube it. My fault though. I rushed him.

Get some Gummi pflege. It is designed to lubricate the door and windows seals. Without it windows and doors can start creaking. I use it on the rubber and plastic seals around the car.

Don't use WD-40 which tends to eventually dry out the rubber (WD is "Water Displacement").

• Informative
Reactions: MitchMitch
I had the same issue with my August 2018 X100D. The alignment of the chrome trim outside the front doors was not correct for me, and would even cause the trims to move when I would roll the windows up/down. They replaced the chrome trims, recalibrated the windows, and even replaced my entire driver side interior door panel. Your results may vary, but I think there might be a good chance this is the case!