Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windows Tesla app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the internet is down, wouldn't the Tesla mobile app still be able to access the Gateway using the cellular connection?
Yes, as long as it can make that connection. For us it works great - we had a good test when a 2-day internet outage when road work cut through the fiber - but I know not everybody has as reliable a connection, and it is always good to know the local access option is there.

If the internet is down, wouldn't the Tesla mobile app still be able to access the Gateway using the cellular connection?
Only if the cell tower that the GW is connects to is up. And the GW connection to that tower is marginal.
In my case both my internet (fixed wireless) and the GW rely on an AT&T cell tower. If that tower goes down (and it has) during a power outage then my only internet is my Verizon cell phone (if it is up) hotspot.

I have taken the advice and downloaded the Tessla Powerwall App onto my windows 10 computer through Bluestacks, but it would not work, would not allow me to log on. After ages researching I discovered that I needed to Activate the Virtualisation in the BIOS, works great now. The Tesla Companion is fine for everyday checking performance real time, but one needs the official app to adjust the settings for the Powerwall which only need doing from time to time as circumstances change. I find the computer much easier to do these things on using a mouse rather than faffing about with a small touch screen. I don't see why Tesla can't give advice for use of the app, impossible to get advice from them anyway.

FWIW I have been using the Windows Phone Link app with my Samsung Galaxy phone.

You can then open and interact with the Tesla app from your desktop. Its not the same as having a full Windows app, but keeps me from having to get up and fetch the phone while it's in the charger.