Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windows try to “close” after brake pedal is pressed.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, it seems there’s something funky going on with the recent software where the windows on my Model 3 tries to “close” after I press on the brake pedal to put the car in drive.

The windows are “up” in this case, and it appears to do it with ALL of the windows, not just the driver side….even though the other windows are already all the way up/closed.

Anyone else experiencing this? Is there a setting to turn it off that I’m missing?

I didn’t see a thread on his when I did a search.

It’s definitely a new feature for mine. Get out and close the door and all 4 windows drop about 1/4”. Get in and close the door and they all go back to fully closed. It never did that last winter.
Yes. For those of us on the FSD beta fork, this functionality changed with 2021.44.30.10 (10.9).

It's possible they just changed the temperature limit for this to happen and those of us in moderate climates now see it whereas the northern folk have always seen it in winter.

Yes. For those of us on the FSD beta fork, this functionality changed with 2021.44.30.10 (10.9).

It's possible they just changed the temperature limit for this to happen and those of us in moderate climates now see it whereas the northern folk have always seen it in winter.
Yeah, probably a limit change. I believe I've seen recent complaints of windows freezing and probably it happened because when they parked when the temp was above the limit and then it reached freezing temps later. By raising the limit, this might be avoided. Not sure however if this can be turned off for those of us that aren't in climates where this is an issue.

Reactions: RNHurt
Thanks folks. Just glad to know it’s not just me.

The car is parked in an un-heated garage at home. It has been cold lately (30-40F) during the day where it’s parked in a parking deck.

It’s been doing it when I leave the parking deck for sure. Thanks again.

I just started noticing my rear window moving when I exit and close the drivers door. (2020 M3LR 2021.44.30.8). Nothing seems to happen with other windows when I enter. I was going to reboot and recalibrate the windows but I will have to pay close attention now and see if it could be the freeze protection mentioned here.

Ok, I'm glad I found this thread. This has been happening to me for the past few months and I thought something was wrong. I was going to reboot the car but I just always forgot about it. Until I get in the car in the morning and all the windows jump when I put my foot on the brake.

Thank $DEITY I'm not going insane!