Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windows venting on their own?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a Y, but my driver side window is venting on it's on at time also.

Be sure that you aren't accidentally rolling the window down when you exit the vehicle. Unlike most vehicles, the power windows will still work when you open the door to get out (since there is no "Off" switch on our vehicles), and the switches can easily get depressed if you use the armrest to get out of the car.

By the way, had to laugh, the power windows on my 65 Buick work all the time, just like my Tesla. GM was way ahead of it's time!! :)

Keith

Be sure that you aren't accidentally rolling the window down when you exit the vehicle. Unlike most vehicles, the power windows will still work when you open the door to get out (since there is no "Off" switch on our vehicles), and the switches can easily get depressed if you use the armrest to get out of the car.

By the way, had to laugh, the power windows on my 65 Buick work all the time, just like my Tesla. GM was way ahead of it's time!! :)

Keith

It actually happened to the mobile tech too when he came to install the Homelink transmitter today. The windows were tinted after this started happening so I'm waiting the 48 hours before resetting them. If that doesn't fix it, he said he would come back out.

I noticed something similar last night- just so happened to look out the window and noticed all 4 windows were cracked approx 2". It was a HOT day and an hour or so before I noticed this the app said the cabin temp was approx 98f. I nave the Cabin Climate Control set to protect from Cabin Overheating but the auto-venting without notification is strange. Especially if was to rain. Anyone else experience this?
yes. got a new Y. when leaving the car i notice the two back windows are vented....and it's raining and cold

Not sure what people who reported this happening are seeing exactly but I do remember last winter Tesla did some software update that when the weather was particularly cold/icy the windows would be open a crack so as not to freeze shut since they are frameless windows and that can happen. I know because one wet winter freezing morning a year or two ago it happened to me. You risk damaging your trim or window if you try to open when the window is frozen in place. And if you get the door open and the window is all the way up you can’t clear the car’s frame to close it until the window retracts. Best is to pre-condition the car ahead of leaving and you want the fan at full speed to force warm air into the door panel and charging port area. There was something on Tesla’s site about this at one point and I’d guess added to the manual for operating in cold weather. Not sure if this info is applicable to people’s experience in this thread but thought new owners should be aware.