Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windscreen Scratch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Absolutely gutted - just noticed my windscreen has a long scratch where the windscreen wiper has dragged along some grit. It’s in the drivers line of sight and covers pretty much the entire windscreen. Anyone have experience of polishing out windscreen scratches. Its fairly faint in dull conditions however when the sun catches it it’s really noticeable. Other alternative is to get the windscreen replaced? Anything to consider when doing so - cameras etc?

I noticed some light scratches a week or so after collection. They really stood out on the otherwise perfect glass (mostly when refracting sun, like yours). I have a feeling they originated in a sticker the detailers had left on around the bonnet-line, and I’d lazily not removed by then.

If the scratch is light like mine were - the only advice/experience I can give you is I did absolutely nothing other than being irritated for a few weeks - and two years later I never notice them now - they have plenty of ‘friends’ to camouflage them!

You are probably right but I will get screwed by the lease company upon returning the car to them unless inspector misses it. Let’s hope for a dull day in 3 years time. Probably is it’s a huge scratch and impossible to ignore or miss it. I’m sure I will over time.

Mine’s a lease car. No idea what the fair wear and tear guidelines are for windscreens off the top of my head - but there’s a pdf guide available on the web somewhere from the leasing industry body. Also shows the recommended charges. I bet my car-park door-ding is more expensive than your wiper-arc…park away from others in the far part of any car park!

If the arc is faint now, my suspicion is as the edges wear down it will become even less noticeable. Don’t sweat it - you’ll have other things to worry about in three years.