TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

WINDSCREEN WASHER JET / SPRAY NOZZLE - Has anyone upgraded to an aftermarket one?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by YVR88, Jan 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. YVR88

YVR88 Member

Would be willing to pay for an upgraded version of the washer jet if Tesla offered.

It's unfortunate that Tesla was not able to purchase the washer jet from Mercedes Benz or another company.

I do hope they can improve the design ASAP and offer customers the option pay to upgrade.

• Like x 1
  2. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

Have you looked into getting yours adjusted?

3. ToxNuke

ToxNuke New Member

+1 for an upgrade needed. The jet sucks, i need a ton of fluid to get a not even close to decent result. Considering a DIY mod.

4. robby

robby Member

If you come up with a good DIY mod please post it. My wipers are a mess in the winter.

5. mattr2

mattr2 Member

Amen. The washer jets are about the only thing I complain about on my Model S. good news is, hey.... it's the only thing I complain about in the model s. :)

6. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

Agree. As amazing as the engineering is on the S, the washer nozzles must have been assigned to a freshman intern.

Surprised they haven't taken the time to improve them either.

7. YVR88

YVR88 Member

I can't see it being a major fix. I believe it could be as simple as replacing the washer jet nozzel with one like the ones mercedes uses.

I understand the Model S already uses several mercedes parts on the interior. No harm adding the jet nozzles to the list.

8. thegruf

thegruf Active Member

#8 thegruf, Jan 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    Knew I'd seen something about this on here

Windshield Washer Stream

it appears later cars have fan spray nozzles fitted, time to check with your SC?

9. Dax279

Dax279 Member

I have the fan spray and would say it is one of the things I complain about. I find it works best when stopped, but still does not get the lower middle windshield all that well.

I have decided to try and find a thread I read a few weeks ago on some suggested wipers and give that a shot.

Our roads here are very messy through winter and one can go through a lot of fluid quickly.

10. ThisIsTrue

ThisIsTrue Dismember

I think the sprayers on my facelift (made in October) suck. Don't know if they suck less than earlier models.

11. RScottyL

RScottyL Member

From Washer Nozzle Retrofit | TeslaTap

Washer Nozzle Retrofit
    On earlier cars (perhaps pre-2015) the washer nozzles shoot a stream of water. This design has changed on newer cars to shoot a spray. A retrofit from Tesla is available to switch the nozzles. The cost is about $50 for parts and labor (which may vary depending on your local service rates).

Stream vs. Spray

It was reported by a fellow S owner that using a stream works better at cleaning the windshield when moving at higher speeds, and a spray works better when stopped or at low speeds, so you may prefer one type of nozzle over the other.

• Helpful x 2
    • Informative x 1
  12. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

This thread, possibly? Bosch Icons?

P85D wiper blades

13. Dax279

Dax279 Member

That was it thank you!

• Like x 1
  14. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

My 4-year old P85 had the original dual spray nozzles - which seemed to move out of adjustment often (and took quite a bit of time to re-adjust manually).

I paid around $100 for parts & labor to get the new "fan spray" nozzles, and they work much, much better.

15. Barry

Barry Active Member

I recall reading that if you had the cold weather package, they couldn't switch them out. is that still the case?

• Helpful x 1