Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windscreen washer with window open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Presume I am not the only one who's model three spills washer fluid into the cabin whenever the windows are down and I've activated the scooshers?? So annoying, literally cascades down the inside of the door everytime.

Is there a fix for this at all?

Thanks

Reactions: Neilio
about 10 years ago when the mini convertible came out, I was having a look at one at a dealership, had the roof down hit the squishier and the water hit my wife who was stood in front of the car having a look at the wipers at the time. Amazingly we both got wet and the salesman had to walk off as he was in hysterics

• Funny
Reactions: Beady3647
I actually said to the Mrsx I bet some wise guy says "close the windows" 🙄

I don't feel it's unreasonable to not have this happen when my window is down. No other car I've owned did this.
Yes, sorry for the flippant reply, I just couldn’t resist it as you left the door wide open for obvious ( but useless) retort.🤪
seriously, I completely agree with you, it shouldn’t happen, whether it can be cured without drastically reducing water flow, which of course might prevent effective screen clearing or adjustment of washer jets I don’t know. Any form of defective drainage type channel would almost certainly increase wind noise to an unacceptable level.

I'm assuming the wipers are setup for LHD. I always get washer fluid coming in the drivers side, and not the passenger due to the way the wipers, wipe. However in the US, the passenger would be the subject. Assuming A) you had a Passenger in the car and B) they had their window open!

I actually said to the Mrsx I bet some wise guy says "close the windows" 🙄

I don't feel it's unreasonable to not have this happen when my window is down. No other car I've owned did this.

I'd say you've been lucky tbh...ALL of my previous cars did this. Just got in the habit of hitting the window up button before I hit the schooshers.
Yes, sorry for the flippant reply, I just couldn’t resist it as you left the window wide open for obvious ( but useless) retort.🤪
seriously, I completely agree with you, it shouldn’t happen, whether it can be cured without drastically reducing water flow, which of course might prevent effective screen clearing or adjustment of washer jets I don’t know. Any form of defective drainage type channel would almost certainly increase wind noise to an unacceptable level.

Fixed for you ;)

I've found most cars I've had do it ... maybe more/less depending on wind direction. I would think that modern cars are more likely to do it because of the improved aero on the edges of the windscreen that allows the air to smoothly flow over the seal ...and water too! Older cars used to have a thumping great high edged seal and surround.

As for "fixes"

It wouldn't be particularly pretty, depending on your tastes, but you could get something like:

Thats just the first site that came up on google but there are millions of varietys, thick to thin and some are actually pretty discreet.

Well, all cars I've had (BWM, Nissan, Honda) don't do it, so I disagree that this is something we should not complain. The washer fluid gets inside even when my M3 is stationary, so it has nothing to do with driving speed. To be fair, Tesla service tried to fix it for me but unfortunately it's a design flaw that seems unfixable.