TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Windscreen wiper stuttering

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by Mentat, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Mentat

Mentat Member

Drove for the first time in rain yesterday and noticed the wiper (driver side one) is stuttering and dragging across the wind screen. Is that normal and I just need to break them in? Doesn’t happen to my other ICE cars though… Is there any easy solution to this or I need to bring it in?

Thanks!

2. Mikischu

Mikischu Member

Try cleaning the glass.

Alternatively grab a pencil and draw a big dark patch on some paper. Then rub it against the wiper blade. The graphite can help to make it glide smoothly. New wiper blades have a coating of this stuff I think.

3. chorsang

chorsang Member

I've noticed serious water spots on all glasses surface including the roof when I was first washing my car, finally used water spots remover.

4. Mentat

Mentat Member

Thanks, will give that a try! If still persists then one more item for my next trip to service center.

5. telegogo

telegogo Member

Mine has the same problem Any one have the Bosch wiper model number for Tesla.

I would rather to buy one and replace by myself.

6. CSFTN

CSFTN Member

There's an extensive history on this. Wiper blade

Icon 21. I just bought one at AutoZone. Just swapped out my own, driver side. First day kept going, thereafter its fine.

7. telegogo

telegogo Member

Yes I read that. I get confused because several models were mentioned and I don't know which one is most suitable.

8. chorsang

chorsang Member

Clean your glass by using water spot remover or glass polisher, please note normal glass cleaner will not work. My wiper is moving smoothly after applied water spot remover.

9. AppleFan

AppleFan Member

AM18U and AM28U. I got them from Amazon UK. GBP35 for both including shipping.
    I understand (but cannot confirm) that the service centre now uses these.

(For context, I got them because my car is one of the early pre-autopilot ones, and the wipers that came with those cars were horrible. The Bosch were much better, but I'm told that they are now used both on delivery and in subsequent servicing.)