Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windscreen wipers stopped working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning I was driving along the motorway in heavy rain with the windscreen wipers near top speed. Suddenly there was a bit of a clunk, the near side wiper disappeared towards the bonnet where it would rest when idle and stopped working. Luckily the driver’s side wiper was still working so I could carry on.

I tried to report the fault via the app, but after inputting my address it wouldn’t let me go to the next step. So I phoned service, and they said someone would get back to me - don’t know when. They indicated I might have to go to the nearest service centre. I’m sure it’s not a major fault and I’ll be seriously peeved if I have to make an 80 mile return trip rather than get mobile support for a minor issue.

There is a good chance that driving with one functioning windscreen wiper is illegal since you would not have full visibility if it rains which it does a lot in this country. If they won't send a ranger tell them they need to recover it to a service centre. That may focus their minds on getting you a ranger.

Reactions: Godsense
There is a good chance that driving with one functioning windscreen wiper is illegal since you would not have full visibility if it rains which it does a lot in this country. If they won't send a ranger tell them they need to recover it to a service centre. That may focus their minds on getting you a ranger.
Think you might be right

Millions Brit drivers face £1,000 fine over 'faulty' windscreen wipers

You could be hit with a £5,000 fine for driving with faulty wiper blades this winter - here’s how to check they’re working this winter

Although i dont trust these papers!