Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield and Rear view mirrors defrost time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know other cars have this issue too but it seems to be worse on the Model 3. Now that it's minus 10 Celsius or colder, when I pull into a parking garage, the windshield and rear view mirrors frost up upon pulling into the underground parking garage.

For the windshield, I can get it defrosted in about 15-30 seconds but I'm still driving "blind" for a bit.

For the rear view mirrors, they don't defrost until I pull into the parking spot (~2 minutes). This makes it very tough to back into a parking stall. I don't trust the automated parking yet with concrete pillars.

Any recommendations on either preventing this from happening or speeding up the defrosting process?

I think the defrosters work faster then our MB e class and at a similar speed to my LX570. It’s been similar temps here in Alaska over the last week -15 to 0 C. I will say in thinking about it the rear defroster seems small since the roof morphs into the rear window.