Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Cleaning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few months into driving a model 3 it’s been frustrating that every time I think the the front windshield is clean total streaks when facing sun. It seems there is a film or something that prevents it from getting clean. Any suggestions will heymy sanity.

If it’s windshield from inside the car it could possibly be stuff like 303 or other chemicals on dash, plastic. When it gets hot outside that stuff evaporates into your windshield as a thin greasy film. I suggest cleaning inside the windshield using rubbing alcohol only and use less chemical inside the car if you have to. For outside clean the windshield with less cleaner. The adage “less is more” also applies here. Using more cleaner creates streaks. I use one of those gas station squeegee with the scrubber side to agitate dirt and stains loose. And don’t be afraid to use different kinds of microfiber towels to get the streak out. I use a mix of high pile and low pile to finish off. Some towels create lint which you gotta deal with as well. Steel wool #000 is also amazing as an alternative to clay.