Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield crack on delivery inspection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was scheduled to take delivery of MY LR AWD White/white in Colorado today. Got a call from Tesla while driving to the store for picking up the car that there is a crack on the windshield and that they cannot deliver today. They don't know when they will be able to fix it. Any suggestions on what I should try to do. Should I ask them for a new VIN? Thanks!

They should be able to get a windshield replaced before they can get a different vehicle. But you should ask them what the options are, they may be able to get you a car sooner if you’re willing to accept a different configuration.

By law, they can’t deliver/ sell a car with a damaged windshield.

exciting but ...... what configuration? When did you order?
LR AWD 19" wheels White on White ordered mar5. I ended up canceling the order since I got pretty annoyed with the delivery process. I had called last couple of days and the car was ready apparently then, put in the large down payment only to find today that the car might not be ready for a couple of weeks. They did not offer a loaner ( - we had a exact same experience with Toyota in denver who were nice enough to set us up with a loaner) nor send the downpayment back. So if you had white on white, there is one car ready in Denver in a couple of weeks.