Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield crack on my Tesla X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the tip, how did you schedule it? Mine has a small star shaped crack and I was going to repair it using the rain x repair kit but if someone else does it for free that's better.
I believe that many, if not most, auto insurance companies pay to repair/fill tiny chips in the windshield without requiring you to pay your deductible. If you do want to pay yourself for some reason, my windshield place charges $35 per chip retail.

Reactions: TESLER2013
I had a small star crack in lower part of windshield, but it was growing. A shop drilled a hole right in the center an inserted epoxy. Amazing save it was, and I don't notice it at all.

Now I have the ClearPlex kit installed, and can ride comfortably knowing it's protecting the giant screen I love. Example of a protected hit are in photos. 60350582012__4AF18A0C-B050-4573-AD72-158975F19C01.JPG IMG_6847.PNG

Reactions: TESLER2013
Thanks for the tip, how did you schedule it? Mine has a small star shaped crack and I was going to repair it using the rain x repair kit but if someone else does it for free that's better.
I went on progressive dot com and clicked on chip repair. I think you schedule your appt right there and then with safelight if I'm not mistaken. And then safelight comes out to your house.... good luck

• Informative
Reactions: turtlesz