Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield crack repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
better to go thru Tesla SC,,, have it done by them then put it thru your insurance.
Actually, that could be bad advice depending on the type of insurance the OP has. Most insurance company don't provide coverage for glass unless you subscribe and pay separately for that coverage. Some companies cover it automatically. I'd FIRST check with the insurance company to see if it is covered and then decide how to replace it. :)

Tesla windshields are about 30-40% larger than other cars on the roads, and that's why there is more chance getting hit by something.
That's not what my neighbor says (works at Safelite here in Reno). His experience with repairing Tesla glass says that most all of the hits come below the tint line, not the extra 30-40% more glass on top. He thinks hits have more to do with a combination of issues such as how close people drive to cars in front of them and condition of the roads where people drive.

That's not what my neighbor says (works at Safelite here in Reno). His experience with repairing Tesla glass says that most all of the hits come below the tint line, not the extra 30-40% more glass on top. He thinks hits have more to do with a combination of issues such as how close people drive to cars in front of them and condition of the roads where people drive.
I'm talking about the windshield, not the glass roof. The windshield is larger than other.cars.

I was finally able to drop off our Y this morning, at the Arden Way SC in Sacramento, to have the cracked windshield replaced. It has been 10 weeks waiting for the part. They will also check on the passenger seat fault and some bubbling/rippling on the driver’s seat. Car should be ready tomorow.