Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Damage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While traveling on the interstate, rocks flew up and left a nice crack in my windshield. Has anyone had experience on how noticeable the damage was once repaired?

Wondering if it is worth replacing than repairing.

Attachments

• 3483237386971632055-account_id=1.jpg
    3483237386971632055-account_id=1.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 93
FWIW, we have USAA with comprehensive coverage. They had Safelite order a Tesla windshield and it only took about a week to receive. They installed it in a few hours and it cost us $0. AP1 and no calibration or additional work from Tesla was required. It's OEM too.

While traveling on the interstate, rocks flew up and left a nice crack in my windshield. Has anyone had experience on how noticeable the damage was once repaired?

Wondering if it is worth replacing than repairing.
Call your insurance company. I'm in Florida too, and I'm pretty sure that there's a state law here requiring the insurance companies to pay for windshield replacement with no detectable, no matter what your regular deductible is. Let us know what you find.

Call your insurance company. I'm in Florida too, and I'm pretty sure that there's a state law here requiring the insurance companies to pay for windshield replacement with no detectable, no matter what your regular deductible is. Let us know what you find.
This is true, and was a painful "loss" of service i got when I moved to California. Florida is a free windshield state!