TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Windshield Dimension?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by AMARECHA, Oct 17, 2016.

1. AMARECHA

AMARECHA New Member

I'm really amazed by the Tesla Model X Windshield, specially knowing the technology behind it which is Gorilla glass.

However I try to find out the size of the glass but couldn't find any specification about it. Is there someone who can help me? I have attached a picture showing the dimension I'm looking for approximately. (Curved dimension along the glass if possible). My first guess is 2.3 meters but if someone can confirm it?

If you have the dimension (Blue) of the top edge and bottom edge, length, I won't complain and being really grateful. Tesla Dim.JPG

2. Phil Seastrand

Front to back: 54" (following the curve)
    Top width: 45"
    Bottom width: 56"

3. AMARECHA

AMARECHA New Member

Thank you for your help, at least I have a better approximation of the diagonal which is 74.8"

Regards,

Anthony

4. jaguar36

jaguar36 Member

I'm pretty sure the X's windshield is just normal laminated glass like on all other cars. The gorilla glass was just speculation.