Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Distorted/Line Of Sight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my new model S December 23, 2016. The windshield is distorted maybe half way up and on the right side only. Anyone else have the same problem? While I was waiting for my car to arrive, others on the forum were talking about their new cars having distorted windshields. I suspected mine might have the same problem and sure enough, the windshield is distorted. I "thought" they were talking about a bad batch of windshields but I may have been mistaken? I now see that most if not all are distorted on the bottom. I took my car in this week for some warranty work assuming they had some better windshields in stock by now. The guy I spoke to didn't know what I was talking about and at this point they are not planning to replace it. Can anyone clear this up for me?

I did notice some wavy distortion the other day in the center right area of the MS 2017 90D. Why did it took 1,500 miles to notice it? Maybe because the garage door pattern is where it appeared most noticeable and I approached the door at a different angle.

A new windshield was ordered 5 weeks ago for the MS 2012 P85. While it recently arrived, now there is a wait to schedule an installation date at the approved auto body location. It will be interesting if the replacement is different, as the original windshield has the slight pink tint and the latest windshield in the MS 2017 has the normal slight green tint.

Mine Dec 16 75D also has dis distortion on center right area of the windshield. I didn't bother to ask service about it since I had many small issues already bother them too much. Let me know if you got yours replaced, and maybe I will talk to them on the next annual inspection.