Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Lines and Ghosting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My mx has developed another round of ghost type lines. There are vertical strips and horizontal at eye level and this is not the first time. The car is now due for its 3rd windshield in a little over two years because of this. I’m wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

My mx has developed another round of ghost type lines. There are vertical strips and horizontal at eye level and this is not the first time. The car is now due for its 3rd windshield in a little over two years because of this. I’m wondering if anyone else has had this issue.
I’ve got a 2017 MX and I’ve noticed some ghosting of taillights of the cars in front of me at night. While I don’t consider it bad enough (yet) for a replacement, it’s one of those “once you see it, you can’t unsee it” things.

I had quite a few of these too, they look almost like small scratches or something, but not following the direction of the wipers, which is really curious. Usually when I have seen a scratched windshield it is obviously caused by dirty/old wipers.

I’ve got a 2017 MX and I’ve noticed some ghosting of taillights of the cars in front of me at night. While I don’t consider it bad enough (yet) for a replacement, it’s one of those “once you see it, you can’t unsee it” things.

What part# windshield do you have? Tesla fixed the ghosting issue in Model X cars by revising the shape of the windshield.

What part# windshield do you have? Tesla fixed the ghosting issue in Model X cars by revising the shape of the windshield.
Here’s a pic of my windshield. Is this a “good one” or a “bad one”?
944F3FC7-43DA-4D45-B466-15CE384484F2.jpeg

Hi have a 2019 Raven S and just started noticing some waviness/distortion/rippling on the passenger-side of the windshield. Is this the same as ghosting? It is as if the glass isn't perfectly flat or smooth. At first, I thought the glass was dirty but I've cleaned both the outside and inside. I am still under warranty and wondering if it's worth it to ask for the windshield to be replaced. I don't want to introduce more problems if they mess up the install.

• Informative
Reactions: QUBO
Hi have a 2019 Raven S and just started noticing some waviness/distortion/rippling on the passenger-side of the windshield. Is this the same as ghosting? It is as if the glass isn't perfectly flat or smooth. At first, I thought the glass was dirty but I've cleaned both the outside and inside. I am still under warranty and wondering if it's worth it to ask for the windshield to be replaced. I don't want to introduce more problems if they mess up the install.

Thanks for that video. It's like seeing a vast majority of 5 star reviews on Amazon, then reading a 2 star and going "oh yeah, that would bother me too" and then not buying. My 2015 MS with it's "tiny" windshield and solid roof and solid AP1 performance (no phantom breaking) is still a blast to drive.