Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield noise reduction kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't noticed any wind noise from my car, but this will fix something that has bothering me, which is that this gap is a perfect place for crud to collect. When I picked up my car, it was apparent that it had been parked under a tree or a bush, as there was a lot of small pieces of tree debris in the channels. I spent some time cleaning it all out, but I'm expecting that over time, it will fill up with crap again. This seal would make it so that doesn't happen.

Probably going to order a set.....

Keith

I used the following transparent molding to cover the edge and bottom of all the four doors, trunk, and middle roof gap.

$13 - Door Edge Guard/Protected Lining/Trim Molding (16Ft Clean,No Glue Required)

(I used two sets (32 ft) to cover all the Model 3 edges, 2 x $13 = $26)

716VnBrimJL._SL1200_.jpg

Do the cut down on the noise. Im thinking about getting them.
The gap between the windshield and glass roof just looks odd, like it's missing a rubber gasket.

I inserted a plastic moding inside the front roof gap.
I didn't tested but look smoother on the touch.
See below where I cover only half of the roof to show the difference.

Roof Gap Molding .jpg

The Rear gap is too wide to insert a molding inside.
Rear Roof Gap.jpg

I haven't noticed any wind noise from my car, but this will fix something that has bothering me, which is that this gap is a perfect place for crud to collect. When I picked up my car, it was apparent that it had been parked under a tree or a bush, as there was a lot of small pieces of tree debris in the channels. I spent some time cleaning it all out, but I'm expecting that over time, it will fill up with crap again. This seal would make it so that doesn't happen.

Probably going to order a set.....

Keith

Yea am wondering if doing rinseless washes there's no easy way to clean it out without a strong pressurized stream of water.

Anyone have these?

Model 3 Windshield Wind Noise Reduction Kit

Do the cut down on the noise. Im thinking about getting them. The gap between the windshield and glass roof just looks odd, like it's missing a rubber gasket.

I heard that this kit is effective, but I'm worried that the gaps are there for thermal expansion of the glass, and that filling in the gap could cause the glass to crack on a hot day. Thermal expansion is a very powerful force.

I heard that this kit is effective, but I'm worried that the gaps are there for thermal expansion of the glass,
and that filling in the gap could cause the glass to crack on a hot day. Thermal expansion is a very powerful force.
I was concerned about it, but the plastic is very soft at ambient temperature. Just by streching it, the plastic moding extends a lot.

• Informative
Reactions: cwmagui and grovny