Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield repair/replacement in metro PDX?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a significant ding in our 2015 Model S recently. Went to an auto glass shop who recommended getting it replaced by Tesla. Just got a message from Tesla Service saying they don't do windshield replacements anymore? WTF?

I have sent another message to Tesla Service, but I would like to hear from others about their experience.

Usually people try to fill in dings, not replace the entire windshield.

I've had a couple replaced by Tesla at various Seattle area service centers. Can't imagine they've stopped doing windshields altogether. Maybe only certain service centers do them or maybe you got some bad information.

Usually people try to fill in dings, not replace the entire windshield.

I've had a couple replaced by Tesla at various Seattle area service centers. Can't imagine they've stopped doing windshields altogether. Maybe only certain service centers do them or maybe you got some bad information.
I initially dropped by Safelite in Beaverton for that, but was told Tesla’s were too fragile, and to take it to the service center? I’ll call my insurance again and see what other options they have.

I got hit by a rock and needed a new windshield. Used the app to schedule replacement at SC. My nearest SC apparently had no availability so they offered an appointment at a SC 100 miles away in Indianapolis, in two weeks. So I called my insurance company who told me I have $0 deductible and transferred my call to Safelite. I just got back from their shop in Cincinnati after about an hour for the install. Car calibrated itself, I guess since cruise and AP work, after less than a mile. Happy me. Safelite also offered mobile service but I decided to take it to their shop which is about 10 miles from my house.

I initially dropped by Safelite in Beaverton for that, but was told Tesla’s were too fragile, and to take it to the service center? I’ll call my insurance again and see what other options they have.
My insurance referred me to Safelite to have my windshield replaced a few months ago...Maybe Safelite changed their policy?

I did try through Tesla but it was going to take a number of weeks as they only do glass work on an irregular basis (and it was going to cost more than Safelite).

What an adventure to replace the windshield! After going through my auto insurance, I went ahead and scheduled a replacement at the Beaverton Safelite store. Apparently, due to “supply chain issues”, it took over a month for the windshield to arrive. I went ahead and scheduled for replacement yesterday.

When I arrive at 9:30 am, they told me 2-4 hours. It ended up being the last car of the day. They said one of their technicians suddenly quit and they were short handed.

This morning, I checked out the frunk and realized that the plastic fitting in front of the windshield was missing. A call back to Beaverton Safelite, and I was told no one from Friday was working, so I would have to wait until Monday for any resolution.

I understand *sugar* happens, but my advice to fellow Tesla owners in metro Portland is to avoid Beaverton Safelite for now until they get a handle on their business.