TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Windshield Repair?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by SabrToothSqrl, Nov 23, 2016.

1. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

So, a deer clearly mistook my planet loving Tesla for a lesser automobile. It was still dark so I can only assume the deer was aiming for the Chevy behind me.

Anyway, I understand body repair, but the windshield has a 6" long approx 1/4" wide scratch in it now, that, at night, with traffic lights or car lights lights up like a Christmas tree.

Can that be 'repaired' or do I demand a new windshield?

in PA at least wildlife is comprehensive, and I have esurance. I've not had an at-fault in over 8 years.

thanks

2. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

Insist on a windshield replacement.

3. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

With windshield repairs, it is typically used for chips or tiny cracks. For the type of damage you are stating, I highly doubt that could be repaired. Windshields are relatively cheap so doubt it would make sense from a financial point to try and repair it even if it's possible.